Light laffs

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau

Re: Light laffs

Post by thoreau »

Or load the ship with ducks, since they float.
"...if that monkey gets any smarter it's going to start shorting TSLA."
--JD
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Kolohe scored early points on this one. First thing I saw about it.

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
JD

Post by JD »

166357689_10165069805435261_6091090378240073124_n.jpeg
166357689_10165069805435261_6091090378240073124_n.jpeg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 615 times
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

We uncles are the unsung heroes of family life. Without us civilization would fall.

Or at least fewer kids would have awesome stories.
--JD
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Italians.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Cher would save George Floyd if she could turn back time.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/04/cher-geo ... ystanders/
--JD
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

The Hunter Biden squirtle pic is not particularly erotic, but it is hilarious.

The internet has informed me that "Hunter Biden Squirtle Sex Tape" is perfect TMNT scansion.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hunter-b ... e-sex-tape
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

There was a recurring Henny Youngman bit, directed at either the show host or the roast subject, that went
Thank you, Milton/Ed/Alan etc. I'm going to Israel, when I'm there I'll have a tree uprooted in your honor.
Can someone explain that joke?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
dhex

Post by dhex »

It's thst trees planted in memory of loved ones, i'm presuming?
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

That's what I figured, I just never have come across it. Surprised it was significant enough Jewish-American mid 20th century tradition to be a punchline with no explanation for Gentile-included audiences. (and the internet doesn't have a ready explanation)

There's another punchline that goes 'kid, shut up and eat your cranberries' that the internet does explain (apparently a big carcinogen problem/scare that drew widespread public attention with some chemical they were using in cranberry bogs)
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

dhex wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 17:19 It's thst trees planted in memory of loved ones, i'm presuming?
I don't know whether it was connected with memorializing the dead, but when I was young and Israel was still a new Jewish state, paying to plant trees "in the desert" was a thing routinely done among American Jews and as a result American Jewish comedians from the Borscht Belt era made in-jokes about it.

I guess maybe the goyish equivalent was those little boxes they handed out in school every year for kids to save pennies to give to UNICEF? *shrug*
Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 19:28
dhex wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 17:19 It's thst trees planted in memory of loved ones, i'm presuming?
I don't know whether it was connected with memorializing the dead, but when I was young and Israel was still a new Jewish state, paying to plant trees "in the desert" was a thing routinely done among American Jews and as a result American Jewish comedians from the Borscht Belt era made in-jokes about it.

I guess maybe the goyish equivalent was those little boxes they handed out in school every year for kids to save pennies to give to UNICEF? *shrug*
Pretty sure this is correct. I can remember Jewish kids talking about giving money to plant trees in the desert as part of expanding and solidifying Israel. I even think you're right about it being an annual nickle and dime fundraising deal.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

I know the 'plant trees to memorialize the dead' thing does happen, but I'm not sure if it applies in this case.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Aresen wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:10 I know the 'plant trees to memorialize the dead' thing does happen, but I'm not sure if it applies in this case.
It's popular with environmentalists to have a tree planted on top of the dearly departed, but I don't know if its roots are Jewish.
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:31
Aresen wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:10 I know the 'plant trees to memorialize the dead' thing does happen, but I'm not sure if it applies in this case.
It's popular with environmentalists to have a tree planted on top of the dearly departed, but I don't know if its roots are Jewish.
I know there was a line of trees planted in England to memorialize Canadian pilots killed in the Battle of Britain. (There was a little foofahrah a few years back because the brits chopped them down to widen a road.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Aresen wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:36
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:31
I know there was a line of trees planted in England to memorialize Canadian pilots killed in the Battle of Britain. (There was a little foofahrah a few years back because the brits chopped them down to widen a road.)
So now the road has three lanes?