cars and how they get that way

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JD

Re: cars and how they get that way

Post by JD »

No wait, I have a new favorite car.

Semi-serious question: what does it say on the registration for something like this?

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

I wish the description gave a better idea of how the two-engine concept is implemented. Does each drive one set of wheels? Because that would be difficult to set up the coordination between the two, no? But if one engine isn't powering wheels, why would you keep the extra weight? Or is the point to be able to switch between the two, like having a backup?
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Highway

Post by Highway »

Two Boxers in One Car!
Well, that was a long walk down a windy beach to a cafe that was closed...
lshap

Post by lshap »

Y'all gave me a lot to think about with the Miata. And DA yours is gorgeous!! The Go Kart reference really stuck with me...

So it's a fun to drive (if you like to drive) look-at-me car.

Honestly my Juke is hella fun to drive, but its age makes me feel a bit ashamed in this area of look at me cars.
And now I'm thinking that's a very stupid reason to buy it. I can cruise the keys in it.. but can't take a chair to the beach. I can go out to dinner at the place that valets and feel cool...but maybe can't take a road trip to the awesome place 4 hours away. If I take the dogs to the park I'll need hubby's car...

Hubby is over 6' and I'm 5'9" so not small people. I wasn't worried about rear visibility before, but now I have some doubts.

I kind of switched my mindset to liking this idea of getting a much older one for like 7k and seeing how I like it. Then it's really in the golf cart/motorcycle price range which is the role it would fill in our lives.
-linguist
dhex

Post by dhex »

Fwiw at 6'4" I found the passenger seat fine with decent leg room but the seats are super short. I could not get behind the drivers wheel however and sit comfortably, and the narrow draft means there's not a lot of room to do the squat drive thing.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
lshap

Post by lshap »

dhex wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 09:08 Fwiw at 6'4" I found the passenger seat fine with decent leg room but the seats are super short. I could not get behind the drivers wheel however and sit comfortably, and the narrow draft means there's not a lot of room to do the squat drive thing.
And a hard top I doubt hubby would be comfortable for longer than about 30 mins.
Plus many of our friends are quite tall and wouldn't be able to cruise when they visit...not that I could grab them from the airport in it anyway.

Honestly I'm doing a 180 now and thinking I may actually want something bigger than what I have! 😳😁
-linguist
dhex

Post by dhex »

Fwiw my Kia soul is a lot of fun to drive and has amazing head and legroom. But it will not turn heads outside of people thinking you're an unemployed drum n bass dj.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
lshap

Post by lshap »

That's actually what hubby has and he loves it, plans to get a new one when it's time. I'm used to more power, and find the brakes too jerky. However I may be moving toward a Kia Sportage now.
-linguist
dhex

Post by dhex »

The newer plus packages are very zippy, but the brakes are definitely a learning curve. Though I am in love with the piano pedal accelerator.
lshap

Post by lshap »

It is done. A road diverged in Tampa, and I took the boring, practical one.

I miss my Juke already. Find a good home, Earl!

This is Sheba the Doggie Mobile.
I am car. Orange car.
I am car. Orange car.
download_20210327_164821.jpg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 187 times
I was a non-emotional purchase.
I was a non-emotional purchase.
download_20210327_164819.jpg (3.95 MiB) Viewed 187 times
Edit: Lol... I should probably tell you it's a 2021 Kia Seltos S.
-linguist