The son of "What the hell are YOU staring at?"

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Kolohe

Re: The son of "What the hell are YOU staring at?"

Post by Kolohe »

“It’s a helluva day at sea, sir!” is one of the all-time great movie lines.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Speaking of paving problems, we watched the Coming to America sequel a few weeks ago, and it’s biggest fault is that it never really knew when to make a nod to a joke in the original movie, and when to beat it into the ground.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
JD

Post by JD »

Nice. The Hitcher has long been one of my favorite horror movies.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Clown, a mid-budget horror film about a guy possessed by an evil clown suit that turns him into a child-eating demon. It got off to a brisk start, but the transformation took forever and there was very little tension, except for one scene. The one really good gag is when the guy was still mid-transformation and tried to blow his brains out, and the blood splatter on the wall behind him came out party-colored.

Interesting fact:
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.50.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.50.51 PM.png (22.1 KiB) Viewed 65 times
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Saw Dogma for the first time since it was new-ish, so long ago there were entire subplots and major characters I'd forgotten. (The only reason I have a copy of the movie is, about a week ago I came across this article explaining why the movie is not only out of print but also unavailable on streaming. So when Jeff and I celebrated my Covid Freedom Day by visiting a certain kickass secondhand books-and-media store, I made a point of checking to see if they had a copy of Dogma, and they did for only six bucks. )
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b