Small joys and random good things

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
D.A. Ridgely

Re: Small joys and random good things

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

For some odd reason, I've never had much fear of public speaking. But if you want to hone your public speaking skills beyond whatever you could ever get out of Toastmaster, etc., I recommend stand-up comedy.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Not me personally, but something I saw on Twitter: this man has a form of red/green colorblindness which can be fixed nowadays with special glasses. So his friends chipped in to buy him the glasses for his birthday, and these two videos, each under a minute, show his reaction when this 22-year-old sees the world in color for the first time.

The moment in the second video where he picks up and marvels at a dead leaf really got to me for some reason.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

You can order Girl Scout Cookies online from Troop 6000, a special troop for homeless girls in NYC.

https://digitalcookie.girlscouts.org/sc ... op6000-161
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem