To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Hugh Akston

Re: To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Post by Hugh Akston »

How so?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

What hell it must be. I got the impression the guy vision fingerblasted* is aware of everything that is happening but has absolutely zero control. A puppet. Creepy.

*sorry but that's what i'm calling it
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

That's the impression I got too, corroborated by Rambeau's account.
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I just finished the latest episode of WandaVision. I demand a new series with Darcy and Agent Woo going around solving cool mcu related mysteries. I have spoken.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 17:29 I just finished the latest episode of WandaVision. I demand a new series with Darcy and Agent Woo going around solving cool mcu related mysteries. I have spoken.
I definitely think that the final scene of the final episode will have some set up and announcement of a spin off show for a supporting character, the way Boba Fett’s was. (It’s probably going to be something staring the Monica Rambeau character, as a YouTube recap pointed out, they made something of her goin thru the hex multiple times and rewriting her biology, and apparently she’s a superhero with super powers in the comic books)

(The second guess would be something with the twins, because they also have comic book stories, but I don’t think Disney wants to lean to heavily on kid actors in the Marvel production line)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

It's Jimmy and Darcy or I walk, Kolohe.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Careful, it’s icy out there in most of the country now.

ETA - aren’t both of them already in currently running sitcoms?

ETA 2 ok, only Park is in a network sitcom now, it’s not Dennings, it’s the other broke girl that’s in the Cedric the Entertainer show.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I’m not sure if the Great Reveal in WandaVision was actually lackluster, or if I have only myself to blame - in that watching every analysis & speculation video for prior episodes made this latest episode’s Big Twist underwhelming.

I will say, watching yet another analysis & speculation video improved my opinion of this episode, because there are indeed little things I always miss (and don’t necessarily require comics savvy)
dhex

Post by dhex »

The wife and kid are watching this but I will say whomever stuffed Kat Denning into a drum major outfit is a goddamn American hero.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

dhex wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 14:17 The wife and kid are watching this but I will say whomever stuffed Kat Denning into a drum major outfit is a goddamn American hero.
All give some. Some give all.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Gotta say I did not care for the ending of WandaVision. Big CGI jello battles just are not satisfying climaxes. Everything felt kind of perfunctory except for the philosophical debate between the Visions. Also I hope they find a way to make Fietro into the real MCU Pietro.
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

My principal objection is Hayward did nothing wrong.

Ok, maybe he’s an asshole that cut corners, but when the inquest hearings start, he’s going to be able to call a hundred witnesses testifying to the evil of Wanda Maximoff, and other evidence that Jimmy Woo, Darcy Lewis, and Monica Rambeau conspired to aid Wanda, and ultimately let her get away. You don’t to get to be where and what Hayward is without superior bureaucratic infighting skills.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

If it's true that Hayward did nothing wrong, then it's a pretty scathing indictment of American society and government.

If the expected response to an immensely powerful women experiencing a psychotic break is to go in guns, drones, and androids blazing to start a fight they can't hope to win, it demonstrates not only a serious lack of empathy, but also a troubling willingness to learn from previous encounters where doing just that only provoked her.