To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
D.A. Ridgely

Re: To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jadagul wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 17:11
dhex wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 10:26 the wife was kind of disappointed that they had the chance to do a work exploring human emotions and the depths of grief and instead turned it into the usual comic book stuff.

i dunno mang once they didn't kill harry potter (because the sacrifice is the whole point of christ you fucking muppets), so i asked her "how many times you gonna get YA burned til you YA learn?"

my witticism was not appreciated by anyone but me. common state of affairs, sadly.
I feel like the "coming back to life after the sacrifice" is also a big part of the point of Christ.
Yes, otherwise the Friday before then wouldn't have been called "Good." Easter is the most important Christian holiday, though skeptics have considered the entire weekend, if nothing else, a tad too dramatic.
dhex

Post by dhex »

Jadagul wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 17:11
dhex wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 10:26 the wife was kind of disappointed that they had the chance to do a work exploring human emotions and the depths of grief and instead turned it into the usual comic book stuff.

i dunno mang once they didn't kill harry potter (because the sacrifice is the whole point of christ you fucking muppets), so i asked her "how many times you gonna get YA burned til you YA learn?"

my witticism was not appreciated by anyone but me. common state of affairs, sadly.
I feel like the "coming back to life after the sacrifice" is also a big part of the point of Christ.
you can't raise a messiah without breaking some eggs (the eggs are the messiah).

they could have wizarded him back anyway because the important thing is nothing ever has consequences that affect the chance of sequels. most of this is my wife's knackered expectations when it comes to books (or tv shows) for kids.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Mad props to the Mouse for making the alt-right's fever-dream version of antifa the bad guys in Sam n' Bucky.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Mo

Post by Mo »

I can suspend disbelief enough to believe I’m wizards, that a mutant can conjure a town of mind-controlled zombies to dead with tragedy or a talking raccoon. However, I draw the line at any indication that the US gives half a shit about Libyan sovereignty.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I feel seen after that montage cut of Bucky whipping the paint scraper around like a melee weapon.
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 23:24 I feel seen after that montage cut of Bucky whipping the paint scraper around like a melee weapon.
I see you are also a man of culture and taste.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Mo wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 11:14 I can suspend disbelief enough to believe I’m wizards, that a mutant can conjure a town of mind-controlled zombies to dead with tragedy or a talking raccoon. However, I draw the line at any indication that the US gives half a shit about Libyan sovereignty.
There must be something in Libya we want to steal.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

mrs lunch will be in just for Awkwafina.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Apparently I'm in the minority for thinking that making Sharon Carter the Power Broker was a good move.
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I didn’t watch it but I did watch Ryan George’s pitch meeting for it. Was her reveal as the power broker played as a Big Twist that nonetheless everyone figured out right away, or did they avoid ‘look at us we’re so clever betcha never saw that coming?’
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

It was a twist, but the reveal was kind of anti-climactic. I never see things like that coming, but in retrospect it was pretty obvious.