To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Hugh Akston

Re: To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Post by Hugh Akston »

How so?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

What hell it must be. I got the impression the guy vision fingerblasted* is aware of everything that is happening but has absolutely zero control. A puppet. Creepy.

*sorry but that's what i'm calling it
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

That's the impression I got too, corroborated by Rambeau's account.
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

I just finished the latest episode of WandaVision. I demand a new series with Darcy and Agent Woo going around solving cool mcu related mysteries. I have spoken.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 17:29 I just finished the latest episode of WandaVision. I demand a new series with Darcy and Agent Woo going around solving cool mcu related mysteries. I have spoken.
I definitely think that the final scene of the final episode will have some set up and announcement of a spin off show for a supporting character, the way Boba Fett’s was. (It’s probably going to be something staring the Monica Rambeau character, as a YouTube recap pointed out, they made something of her goin thru the hex multiple times and rewriting her biology, and apparently she’s a superhero with super powers in the comic books)

(The second guess would be something with the twins, because they also have comic book stories, but I don’t think Disney wants to lean to heavily on kid actors in the Marvel production line)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

It's Jimmy and Darcy or I walk, Kolohe.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Careful, it’s icy out there in most of the country now.

ETA - aren’t both of them already in currently running sitcoms?

ETA 2 ok, only Park is in a network sitcom now, it’s not Dennings, it’s the other broke girl that’s in the Cedric the Entertainer show.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I’m not sure if the Great Reveal in WandaVision was actually lackluster, or if I have only myself to blame - in that watching every analysis & speculation video for prior episodes made this latest episode’s Big Twist underwhelming.

I will say, watching yet another analysis & speculation video improved my opinion of this episode, because there are indeed little things I always miss (and don’t necessarily require comics savvy)
dhex

Post by dhex »

The wife and kid are watching this but I will say whomever stuffed Kat Denning into a drum major outfit is a goddamn American hero.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

dhex wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 14:17 The wife and kid are watching this but I will say whomever stuffed Kat Denning into a drum major outfit is a goddamn American hero.
All give some. Some give all.