Tiny Triumphs

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jadagul

Re: Tiny Triumphs

Post by Jadagul »

lunchstealer wrote: 03 May 2021, 17:29 I keep trying to make it into The Hall of the Mountain King but the third and fourth measures aren't quite right.
Sure they are. It's a little weird because it involves an E sharp, which you don't see a lot, but it's right.
JD

Post by JD »

Jadagul wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:04
lunchstealer wrote: 03 May 2021, 17:29 I keep trying to make it into The Hall of the Mountain King but the third and fourth measures aren't quite right.
Sure they are. It's a little weird because it involves an E sharp, which you don't see a lot, but it's right.
Reading keys and such is really where my skills are weak, but now that I look at it, it does look weird. It says that C and E are sharp, but then the note played on "a" is wrong. HotMK is in B minor, and this looks like B minor, but then the key signature is wrong. Still, I immediately got where they were going with it.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Highway

Post by Highway »

JD wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:19
Jadagul wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:04
Reading keys and such is really where my skills are weak, but now that I look at it, it does look weird. It says that C and E are sharp, but then the note played on "a" is wrong. HotMK is in B minor, and this looks like B minor, but then the key signature is wrong. Still, I immediately got where they were going with it.
Nah, you missed that a little. It is in B-minor (2 sharps, on C and F).
Well, that was a long walk down a windy beach to a cafe that was closed...