It's not the size of the screen...

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jasper

Re: It's not the size of the screen...

Post by Jasper »

If you don't mind subtitles (or you understand Spanish), and enjoy mystery-horror stuff, then 30 Coins might be worth a look, on HBO Max. It's a little uneven in spots, but I'm enjoying it a lot. And it has an actress that has haunted me since I first saw her 20 years ago in Dagon - Macarena Gomez.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Okay I need to bitch about this.
Last episode of All Creatures Great and Small reboot Season 1
► Show Spoiler
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

dhex wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 14:16 My wife and son are fond of the reboot. It's fine? Charming I guess.
You are the face of toxic PBS fandom.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
dhex

Post by dhex »

I don't donate so in that sense yes.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Warren

Post by Warren »

dhex wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 15:34 I don't donate so in that sense yes.
leach
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell
dhex

Post by dhex »

Hell yeah
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God