Light laffs

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
dhex

Re: Light laffs

Post by dhex »

Hahaha also ooooooooof yeeesh.

"keep your junk out of your job" is not the most difficult concept.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
JD

Post by JD »

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Quote by a forest ranger at Yosemite National Park on why it is hard to design the perfect garbage bin to keep bears from breaking into it: “There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.”
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

tumblr_inline_ndpfhiajcm1suvl9j.jpg
tumblr_inline_ndpfhiajcm1suvl9j.jpg (724.36 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

:D
lshap

Post by lshap »

dead_elvis wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 14:12 tumblr_inline_ndpfhiajcm1suvl9j.jpg
I'm amazed at the truth of this while also appalled at the mind that spent this much time making it.
-linguist
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

That's not even the half of it- there's more. Way, way more. Stare into the abyss.

The Holotypic Occlupanid Research Group : A Database of Synthetic Taxonomy

Yet it's not all silly- turns out people occasionally ingest these things, so medical researchers have found his work useful and has been cited.
Just as the fiction of nerdy collegiality has come to fruition, Daniel’s invented term ‘occlupanid’ has also gained serious traction. It appears in a scientific paper published in the British Medical Journal in 2011. While studying occlupanids is funny because they are trivial pieces of detritus, there is one scenario in which they must be taken seriously.

According to the BMJ article, since 1975, there have been over twenty cases of plastic bag clips being accidently swallowed, and then adhering to patients’ intestinal mucosa. It’s thought that three post-operative deaths have occurred in relation to “plastic bag clips in the gastrointestinal tract.”
In yet another example of reality mimicking fiction, the paper calls for the elimination or redesign of clips to prevent ingestion or hooking onto the digestive tract, and refers to Daniel’s classification system as an important reference for this process. As Daniel puts it: “Suddenly the site that played with scientific concepts was being used for actual medical research. It’s the best punchline to the initial gag I could ever hope for.”

This punchline exemplifies how research can be both a parody of science, and actually be science. Despite the comic aspects of Daniel’s work, “There is a decided ethic that runs through HORG. Everything is based on actual samples, sent in and carefully catalogued.”
lshap

Post by lshap »

Nothing to say except Wow. Humanity sure is a fascinating beast.
-linguist
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

I know, she is who she is + Daily Fail celebrity gossip so it's a cheap shot but I can't resist pointing and laughing.

Paris Hilton is launching a new career as a podcast host because she believes 'voice and audio is the next frontier'
'I've always been an innovator and first mover when it comes to reality TV, social, DJing, and now I really believe that voice and audio is the next frontier,' she said in a statement.
:lol: Light out for the territories, you future sailor you.
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

That's even better than the guy whose kid had been the last one to use Zoom, and signed into a meeting as something like Captain Fart.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

I must've watched that a dozen time yesterday. So great.

A secondary lol is that there's the warning in the top left square, and the judge posted his own take on the vid, in clear violation.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Milkshake duck'd

"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
JD

Post by JD »

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
JD

Post by JD »

Actually this one might be even better:
Warren

Post by Warren »

Nice find JD. Midwest Siri went off the rails at the end, but was solid till then.
"Yoopernese" HA!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

JD wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 15:49 Actually this one might be even better:
Ahahaha, this is so legit. "A horse apiece" is as Wisconsin as it gets.
Like baptists at the glory hole

"oh dear" they mutter, unzipping their pants

-dhex
lshap

Post by lshap »

Two laughs from the impeachment today.

Trump's lawyer arguing in earnest that a Trumper meant Calvary, not cavalry...

And Stacey Plaskin brilliantly throwing it back. Lol.
-linguist
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

lshap wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 18:35 Two laughs from the impeachment today.

Trump's lawyer arguing in earnest that a Trumper meant Calvary, not cavalry...

And Stacey Plaskin brilliantly throwing it back. Lol.
I feel like the fundamental flaw of Trump and all of his associates is their inability to conceive of anybody smarter than themselves.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
dhex

Post by dhex »

More fundamental than their inability to shut the fuck up when it would be in their best interests?

Eta: actually I think it may be a prerequisite, for were they not convinced of their own slickness they might consider exercising caution occasionally.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »