When journalism goes bad

JD

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by JD »

Aresen wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:42 What would really help is if one of the Derek Chauvin clones still on the job were to beat the crap out of a white grandmother on video.
You almost got your wish.
US police officers are seen mocking a 73-year-old woman with dementia as they watch video of her shoulder going "pop" during her forcible arrest, according to footage released by her lawyer.

Karen Garner was detained on 26 June last year after she walked out of a Walmart store in the state of Colorado without paying for $13 (£9) of items.

Her elbow was fractured and shoulder dislocated, says her lawyer.

In the footage released on Monday from the booking area of the police station on the day of the arrest, officers are seen fist-bumping one another as they review body camera video of the incident.

"Ready for the pop? Hear the pop?" one of the officers says at one point, referring to Ms Garner's shoulder.

As they continue to watch the footage, the same officer says: "I love it."

The bodycam footage caused public outcry when it was released earlier this month. It shows two police officers stopping Ms Garner as she was picking flowers by the roadside after she left the Walmart store in the town of Loveland, about 50 miles (80km) north of Denver.

After she walks away from the officers, she is thrown to the ground, handcuffed, shoved face down on the bonnet of the police car and has her legs tied together with a hobble. She was left bleeding.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

JD wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:58
Aresen wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:42 What would really help is if one of the Derek Chauvin clones still on the job were to beat the crap out of a white grandmother on video.
You almost got your wish.
US police officers are seen mocking a 73-year-old woman with dementia as they watch video of her shoulder going "pop" during her forcible arrest, according to footage released by her lawyer.

Karen Garner was detained on 26 June last year after she walked out of a Walmart store in the state of Colorado without paying for $13 (£9) of items.

Her elbow was fractured and shoulder dislocated, says her lawyer.

In the footage released on Monday from the booking area of the police station on the day of the arrest, officers are seen fist-bumping one another as they review body camera video of the incident.

"Ready for the pop? Hear the pop?" one of the officers says at one point, referring to Ms Garner's shoulder.

As they continue to watch the footage, the same officer says: "I love it."

The bodycam footage caused public outcry when it was released earlier this month. It shows two police officers stopping Ms Garner as she was picking flowers by the roadside after she left the Walmart store in the town of Loveland, about 50 miles (80km) north of Denver.

After she walks away from the officers, she is thrown to the ground, handcuffed, shoved face down on the bonnet of the police car and has her legs tied together with a hobble. She was left bleeding.
Crap. That's awful.

You left out the vacation with pay bit, though:
One officer has been placed on administrative leave and two others moved to administrative duties.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I thought you were in fact referring to the thing posted above with litote irony with this comment.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Kolohe wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 09:54
I thought you were in fact referring to the thing posted above with litote irony with this comment.
I wasn't aware of it when I first posted. I am surprised at how little play the story is getting.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Aresen wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 10:35
Kolohe wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 09:54
I wasn't aware of it when I first posted. I am surprised at how little play the story is getting.
It's like trying to keep up with every batshit thing Trump and his minions said or did while he was POTUS -- there's too many.

American cops killed six people in the 24 hours after the Derek Chauvin verdict was announced.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b