The New Grylliader Welcome Wagon

Jennifer

Re: The New Grylliader Welcome Wagon

Post by Jennifer »

Props to whoever was his personal trainer before he filmed Red Rock West; I only saw the movie once, back in the 90s, so I don't remember much about it, but I do still remember (in a very objectifying manner) one particular shirtless scene he had. Niiiiiice.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

The man stole the Declaration of Independence, yall. THE Declaration of Independence. And he made me believe he did it. He made me believe.

The man is a treasure and he is to good for this plane of existence.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Granted, IIRC, that shirtless scene was completely gratuitous; something along the lines of "Oh, here I am, a poor but honorable drifter played by Nicolas Cage, and as I stand here by the side of the road in some scenic Western spot, Imma take off my shirt and start doing pushups, the better to showcase my muscle-y chest." But it was impressive all the same.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 22:34 The man stole the Declaration of Independence, yall. THE Declaration of Independence. And he made me believe he did it. He made me believe.

The man is a treasure and he is to good for this plane of existence.
He is a national treasure, you might say?
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 22:34
The man is a treasure, he should be buried. He is to go from this plane of existence.
Better
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Professor Professorson

Post by Professor Professorson »

Number 6 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 21:30
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 17:03
Professor Professorson wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 16:09
thoreau wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 16:04 How did you fare in the Greendale paintball wars, good professor?
I missed them, I was working on my "Nicholas Cage, Good or Bad?" course at the time. I still don't know the answer to that, because there is no answer.
Cage good when dying of alcoholism; Cage otherwise bad.
I refute you thusly: Joe.
Oh, you haven't seen Joe until you've seen the Norman Wexler Joe with Peter Boyle. Now that is some fucked up shit.
"Here in Switzerland, we only have one method of negotiation."
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

For a bunch of libertarians obsessed with Nic Cage there sure is a dearth of snakeskin jackets around here.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

We all know there's no point, since Gillespie's black leather one has already stolen the show.
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Heya newbie.

Welcome. Hope you'll stay a while. This is a good place if you can stay engaged long enough to appreciate it.

Odds aren't good, however.

We'll see.
nicole

Post by nicole »

How has no one mentioned that Cage just got married to someone my baby sister’s age?
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

nicole wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 19:21 How has no one mentioned that Cage just got married to someone my baby sister’s age?
Classic Cage! Also I think the Oprah/Royals thing is kind of overshadowing it.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
dhex

Post by dhex »

He's been married five times what the hell man just give up its not your bag.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I’d say getting married is his bag. It’s staying married that’s not.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Professor Professorson

nicole wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 19:21 How has no one mentioned that Cage just got married to someone my baby sister’s age?
Have you not seen Raising Arizona? Oh wait, I'm thinking of Peggy Sue Got Married. Or possibly Wild at Heart. Or maybe Face/Off? No...wait. Definitely Kick-Ass. Definitely.
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Professor Professorson wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:34
Have you not seen Raising Arizona? Oh wait, I'm thinking of Peggy Sue Got Married. Or possibly Wild at Heart. Or maybe Face/Off? No...wait. Definitely Kick-Ass. Definitely.
Oh, good! I thought there for a moment our typical Gryll squabbling over irresolvable and often pointless disagreements had scared you off. Glad to see it hasn't, at least so far.

Also, just so we don't embarrass ourselves further when you weigh in against our collective ignorance on a matter of your professorial expertise (assuming, of course, that's not a red herring or, for that matter, any other color herring), might I inquire what your professorial professoring professes to be professing about? Asking for a friend.
Professor Professorson

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:41 Oh, good! I thought there for a moment our typical Gryll squabbling over irresolvable and often pointless disagreements had scared you off. Glad to see it hasn't, at least so far.

Also, just so we don't embarrass ourselves further when you weigh in against our collective ignorance on a matter of your professorial expertise (assuming, of course, that's not a red herring or, for that matter, any other color herring), might I inquire what your professorial professoring professes to be professing about? Asking for a friend.
Well, as my grandfather once termed my cousin and myself, I am a (we are?) professional idiot(s). I have a degree in idiocy from East Anglia University.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The important thing is now that the Prof is here, there are three of us, and we can start our own anarchy thread with blackjack and hookers.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Professor Professorson

Hugh Akston wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:59 The important thing is now that the Prof is here, there are three of us, and we can start our own anarchy thread with blackjack and hookers.
In fact, forget the thread. Wait, what were we talking about?
nicole

Post by nicole »

Professor Professorson wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 12:07
Hugh Akston wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:59 The important thing is now that the Prof is here, there are three of us, and we can start our own anarchy thread with blackjack and hookers.
In fact, forget the thread. Wait, what were we talking about?
Exactly.

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex
nicole

Post by nicole »

3lc8.gif
3lc8.gif (805.88 KiB) Viewed 498 times

Professor Professorson

nicole wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 13:20
3lc8.gif
Listen, Louise--I mean Nicole--I'm not one of you. YOU'RE ONE OF ME. (Just imagine Gene saying that.)
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:41
Professor Professorson wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 11:34
Oh, good! I thought there for a moment our typical Gryll squabbling over irresolvable and often pointless disagreements had scared you off. Glad to see it hasn't, at least so far.

Professor Professorson may well be able to profess that his profession is professorial, but I believe that his name is a reference to a very funny episode of the the sitcom Community.
Middle America is bestest America
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Number 6 wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 14:14 Professor Professorson may well be able to profess that his profession is professorial, but I believe that his name is a reference to a very funny episode of the the sitcom Community.
Just to tie everything together, I wish they'd parodied a Nick Cage movie in one of the paintball episodes.
"...if that monkey gets any smarter it's going to start shorting TSLA."
--JD
nicole

Post by nicole »

Professor Professorson wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 13:42
nicole wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 13:20
3lc8.gif
Listen, Louise--I mean Nicole--I'm not one of you. YOU'RE ONE OF ME. (Just imagine Gene saying that.)
Of course you would be Gene. Better than Linda at least!

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

*me, who could not be more like Linda without giving up 3D existence, sneaks quietly out of the thread*
Like baptists at the glory hole

"oh dear" they mutter, unzipping their pants

-dhex