Re: RUDY!

Post by Number 6 »

Holy hell. That's brilliant.
Middle America is bestest America
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

I missed where he referred to Game of Thrones as a "documentary." My god.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Woah!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Jennifer wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 20:34 I missed where he referred to Game of Thrones as a "documentary." My god.
Admittedly I know that was just a really dumb bit of geriatric pseudosarcasm, but that just makes its inclusion the harshest shade in a letter that's already shady enough to cause three years of crop failure.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Shem

Post by Shem »

"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

It's comedy now, but holy shit! I wonder what would have happened if Trump tried Powell's advice?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Cringe cringe cringe cringe

"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Let me tell you a funny joke. Mind if I tell you a funny joke? This is a really funny joke: A priest, a rabbi and a Methodist minister walked into a bar. The bartender told them it was happy hour so drinks were half-price, so the three customers all had two drinks apiece but only paid for one. Afterward, when they went outside to hail a cab, they saw a woman wearing a loose skirt, and a gust of wind made her skirt blow up so the three men each briefly caught a glimpse of her panties.

That wasn't too offensive, was it? It's okay for me to tell that joke on the air, right?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Jennifer wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 18:50 and a gust of wind made her skirt blow up so the three men each briefly caught a glimpse of her panties.
For me what really elevates the clip is the slightly embarrassed way he says "panties", pausing as if he suddenly realizes he got so excited about having a story about being Limbaugh's pal that he forgot that he wasn't a 15 year old boy.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

dead_elvis wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 20:11
Jennifer wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 18:50 and a gust of wind made her skirt blow up so the three men each briefly caught a glimpse of her panties.
For me what really elevates the clip is the slightly embarrassed way he says "panties", pausing as if he suddenly realizes he got so excited about having a story about being Limbaugh's pal that he forgot that he wasn't a 15 year old boy.
Seriously. From the way he built up to it, I figured at minimum the denouement would be that she wasn't wearing anything under the skirt at all.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The Feds are kicking down Rudy's door
Investigators are said to have seized Giuliani's electronic devices. The warrant appears to be tied to Giuliani's work related to Ukraine and the possible violation of foreign lobbying rules. The activities of the former mayor and prosecutor, who later became President Trump's personal lawyer, was the focus of attention during Trump's first impeachment trial in 2020 related to the Ukraine scandal
Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are accused of illegally funneling foreign money to a U.S. congressman for help in ousting the woman who then served as the United States ambassador to Ukraine. They have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Parnas and Fruman also helped introduce Giuliani to influential people in Ukraine as he tried to dig up unflattering information in 2019 for use against now-President Joe Biden and his son Hunter as Biden was launching his presidential campaign.

Giuliani's involvement took place before, during and then after the core events of the Ukraine affair in 2019, in which Trump ordered assistance be frozen in order to extract concessions from Ukraine's government.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 13:49 The Feds are kicking down Rudy's door
Investigators are said to have seized Giuliani's electronic devices. The warrant appears to be tied to Giuliani's work related to Ukraine and the possible violation of foreign lobbying rules. The activities of the former mayor and prosecutor, who later became President Trump's personal lawyer, was the focus of attention during Trump's first impeachment trial in 2020 related to the Ukraine scandal
Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are accused of illegally funneling foreign money to a U.S. congressman for help in ousting the woman who then served as the United States ambassador to Ukraine. They have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Parnas and Fruman also helped introduce Giuliani to influential people in Ukraine as he tried to dig up unflattering information in 2019 for use against now-President Joe Biden and his son Hunter as Biden was launching his presidential campaign.

Giuliani's involvement took place before, during and then after the core events of the Ukraine affair in 2019, in which Trump ordered assistance be frozen in order to extract concessions from Ukraine's government.
The raid on Rudy has me a little puzzled because I am not sure how lawyer/client priviledge factors into this. My first guess is while you can tell your lawyer what you did (but not what you are going to do) and have that protected by priviledge, the lawyer cannot take any illegal actions on your behalf. which seems to be the allegation here.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Aresen wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 21:30

The raid on Rudy has me a little puzzled because I am not sure how lawyer/client priviledge factors into this. My first guess is while you can tell your lawyer what you did (but not what you are going to do) and have that protected by priviledge, the lawyer cannot take any illegal actions on your behalf. which seems to be the allegation here.
Yeah.

The "Crime-Fraud Exception" to attorney-client privilege is that acts in the furtherance of crime or fraud aren't protected.
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Rudy was, once upon a time, a prosecutor. And while I don't know if he was the greatest prosecutor ever, he was apparently OK at his job. He won some big cases involving white collar crime. I think there was a time when he would have been too smart to do this shit.

He was never a particularly great figure, but he was better than this. New Yorkers can recite his list of failings better than I ever could, but he still held an important post and got some national respect (however undeserved). He could have gone into a dignified post-mayoral life, living comfortably on the sinecures that could have come his way. Instead he had to go playing games in Eastern Europe at the behest of one of New York's less talented businessmen.

Hell, Trump was once upon a time more respectable than this. The rot is actually kind of sad. Whatever Trump's flaws, he was a man who knew how to look good in public. If he failed in his business, well, that was his business. Then he had to go and try to become something bigger and fail.

There's something very sad about America right now.
"...if that monkey gets any smarter it's going to start shorting TSLA."
--JD
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

thoreau wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 22:23 Rudy was, once upon a time, a prosecutor. And while I don't know if he was the greatest prosecutor ever, he was apparently OK at his job. He won some big cases involving white collar crime. I think there was a time when he would have been too smart to do this shit.

He was never a particularly great figure, but he was better than this. New Yorkers can recite his list of failings better than I ever could, but he still held an important post and got some national respect (however undeserved). He could have gone into a dignified post-mayoral life, living comfortably on the sinecures that could have come his way. Instead he had to go playing games in Eastern Europe at the behest of one of New York's less talented businessmen.

Hell, Trump was once upon a time more respectable than this. The rot is actually kind of sad. Whatever Trump's flaws, he was a man who knew how to look good in public. If he failed in his business, well, that was his business. Then he had to go and try to become something bigger and fail.

There's something very sad about America right now.

No, Rudy. Just ... no.
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jadagul wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 21:44

Yeah.

The "Crime-Fraud Exception" to attorney-client privilege is that acts in the furtherance of crime or fraud aren't protected.
This. Plus the privilege is the client's, not the lawyer's. And even if the search did result in obtaining evidence that might not be admissible in a prosecution of one of Rudy's, um, clients, as long as the warrant wasn't later struck down as unconstitutional, which has nothing to do with attorney / client privilege, it could be used as evidence against him, personally.
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 22:51
Jadagul wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 21:44

Yeah.

This. Plus the privilege is the client's, not the lawyer's. And even if the search did result in obtaining evidence that might not be admissible in a prosecution of one of Rudy's, um, clients, as long as the warrant wasn't later struck down as unconstitutional, which has nothing to do with attorney / client privilege, it could be used as evidence against him, personally.
Thanks to D.A. Ridgely and Jadagul for clarifying this for me.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

My suspicion is Rudy dies a free man. Beloved by 1/3rd of America. The part of America that will forget all about him the moment his funeral is over. But 1/3rd of America all the same.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex