2021: Official statement of not-caring

Jennifer

2021: Official statement of not-caring

Post by Jennifer »

Exactly one year ago, New Year's Eve 2019, I wished everyone a happy New Year, and we all know how THAT turned out. So this time, I officially have No Opinion regarding how this next year will pan out for humanity in general, or you and your loved ones in particular. Don't know, don't want to know, and don't care. Because if I wish you well then that'll either turn out to be ironic foreshadowing, or worse, you'll get what you wish for but with some horrible monkey's-paw twist (like when I hoped to escape from that jury duty notice I got for the end of last March, and sho'nuff I did).

So this year I ain't sayin' nothin'. Nope. [Shrug]
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Aresen

Re: 2021: Official statement of not-caring

Post by Aresen »

Have a New Year, everyone.

Get vaccinated.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Jennifer wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 16:52So this year I ain't sayin' nothin'. Nope. [Shrug]
You realize that this gets us the world ending, of course. :D
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Eric the .5b wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 17:05
Jennifer wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 16:52So this year I ain't sayin' nothin'. Nope. [Shrug]
I officially have no prediction or suggestion where this may lead, one way or the other.

So far, I've spent New Year's Eve baking a cake from a mix, then deep-cleaning the kitchen counters (Jeff pitched in and helped, much to my surprise). The cake, the first one I've attempted in a long time (and also, the first with my new 13x9 baking pan rather than the PITA cupcake tins I had to use before), almost ended badly -- I was wondering why the batter seemed so DENSE and hard to mix, and also wondered why there didn't seem to be enough to fill the entire cake pan ... turns out I forgot to add the cup of water in addition to the eggs and baking fats. Luckily I caught this before the actual baking, so all that happened was, 'twas a PITA to get the dense sticky waterless batter out of the floured baking pan back into the mixing bowl, plus I had to grease and flour a second baking pan because the first one was too messy to possibly use then ... cake ultimately turned out fine. And then while cleaning up after the baking I realized the kitchen counters were pretty dirty anyway, so I removed everything from them (a formidable task in itself, which is why I was glad of Jeff's assistance) and gave everything a thorough scrubdown.

Wheee.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Jennifer wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 22:31
Eric the .5b wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 17:05
I officially have no prediction or suggestion where this may lead, one way or the other.
I officially neither endorse nor condemn this. :)

Glad cake worked out in the end. I just ordered out and had a little cup of a local BBQ place's oreo pudding for dessert.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I rang in the new year playing Taskmaster via Zoom with The Atomic Fruitbat & co. It was amazing.
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Just a reminder that the current MAGA shitstorm in the Capitol building, kicking off 2021, is not my fault.
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Jennifer wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 17:35 Just a reminder that the current MAGA shitstorm in the Capitol building, kicking off 2021, is not my fault.
Not-care harder!