Orange is the new President

Pham Nuwen

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Mo wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 00:24
Highway wrote:
Ellie wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 22:39 What is Trump even doing these days? With the caveat that I'm not the most informed person, it seems like after he got booted from Twitter he dropped off the face of the earth.
He has set up the "Office of the Former President". Also his lawyers are bailing on him setting up the hope for him to represent himself at his Impeachment trial.
Trump won’t represent himself because we’re not allowed to have anything wonderful anymore.
Goddamn right we aren't.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Why are they abandoning him? I mean Trump stiffed Rudy on his legal fees, so he should have plenty of money to pay these lawyers, right?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 09:59 Why are they abandoning him? I mean Trump stiffed Rudy on his legal fees, so he should have plenty of money to pay these lawyers, right?
I doubt we will ever know (solicitor-client priviledge), but if I had to guess, it's probably because he is refusing to follow their advice.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Aresen wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:57
Hugh Akston wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 09:59 Why are they abandoning him? I mean Trump stiffed Rudy on his legal fees, so he should have plenty of money to pay these lawyers, right?
I doubt we will ever know (solicitor-client priviledge), but if I had to guess, it's probably because he is refusing to follow their advice pay up front.
Fixed
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I completely forgot about the impeachment trial! Shows what I know.
Like baptists at the glory hole

"oh dear" they mutter, unzipping their pants

-dhex
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:59
Aresen wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:57
I doubt we will ever know (solicitor-client priviledge), but if I had to guess, it's probably because he is refusing to follow their advice pay up front.
Fixed
That, too, but you don't put that on your curriculum vitae.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

TIL that my imaginary girlfriend from 91-93 is a union boss.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

I'm a little vague on how much of a deathgrip SAG-AFTRA has on Hollywood these days, but if it means he has further limited his potential platform, I'm all for it.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 16:07 I'm a little vague on how much of a deathgrip SAG-AFTRA has on Hollywood these days, but if it means he has further limited his potential platform, I'm all for it.
I can't say I've ever thought about it, but now that I do ... where reality TV shows are concerned, I'm rather skeptical of the notion that the cast must all belong to SAG, or that SAG could prevent the production of a given show by refusing to extend membership to the cast.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jennifer wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 16:12
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 16:07 I'm a little vague on how much of a deathgrip SAG-AFTRA has on Hollywood these days, but if it means he has further limited his potential platform, I'm all for it.
I can't say I've ever thought about it, but now that I do ... where reality TV shows are concerned, I'm rather skeptical of the notion that the cast must all belong to SAG, or that SAG could prevent the production of a given show by refusing to extend membership to the cast.
Not the contestants, but almost certainly the host/MC/whatever.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Your organization has done little for its members, and nothing for me - besides collecting dues and promoting dangerous un-American policies and ideas...
You can keep your empty platitude spewing inaugural poet laureate.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Warren wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 20:13
Your organization has done little for its members, and nothing for me - besides collecting dues and promoting dangerous un-American policies and ideas...
?
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 20:38
?
Deep down, Warren still believes "Hillary would've been worse." (I admit she definitely would've been less entertaining -- no Trumpian meltdowns like this letter.)
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jennifer wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 16:55
?
Deep down, Warren still believes "Hillary would've been worse." (I admit she definitely would've been less entertaining -- no Trumpian meltdowns like this letter.)
Yeah, my question is the nexus between a poet and the Screen Actor's Guild.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 18:47
Jennifer wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 16:55
?
Yeah, my question is the nexus between a poet and the Screen Actor's Guild.
Yeah the venn there still eludes me.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Mo

Post by Mo »

Hugh Akston wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 12:14
The most surprising thing is that Trump paid his SAG dues while he was president.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I was thinking the same exact thing. I wonder if there is some sort of multi year membership you buy into after a certain age and/or reduced activity.

ETA - not according to this https://www.sagaftra.org/membership-ben ... ship-costs

I suppose one could just forget they were still paying if autoenrolled and only getting charged 226 dollars a year.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Kolohe wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 12:09 I was thinking the same exact thing. I wonder if there is some sort of multi year membership you buy into after a certain age and/or reduced activity.

ETA - not according to this https://www.sagaftra.org/membership-ben ... ship-costs

I suppose one could just forget they were still paying if autoenrolled and only getting charged 226 dollars a year.
Yes, I expect he has some sort of accountant/secretary who automatically pays those sorts of things, they being tax deductible, after all.

My guess, also, is that prior to being elected president, being "in show business" was something that stroked Trump's ego. "Look at my ratings! I'm a television star! I belong to the same 'club' that all the big movie and TV stars belong to!" Also, although I could be wrong, SAG-AFTRA membership is a precondition to being eligible to be nominated for or win certain show biz awards and he certainly wouldn't want to pass up that opportunity for less than he spends on a gold plated toilet.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

A fairly insane story about Trump, the NFL, and Jon Bon Jovi

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

To be fair, most of Canada hates Toronto, too.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

And to be fair, getting an entire city to boycott Bon Jovi is not the worst thing someone could do, unfair or not.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I interviewed for a job with Bon Jovi's cousin who runs a band merch company. Due to a series of tragicomic happenstances, I showed up to the interview late, soaked with sweat, and with no resume. I did not get the job for some reason.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

dead_elvis wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 16:35 And to be fair, getting an entire city to boycott Bon Jovi is not the worst thing someone could do, unfair or not.
And the real tragedy for Bon Jovi is that he didn't also get banned from Cleveland.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake