Worthwhile YouTubez Finds

Warren

Re: Worthwhile YouTubez Finds

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 12:31 About how Criterion has built a prestige brand and they are selling more now than they ever have despite the tanking of physical media sales.
Nice find Ducky
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Well I generally considered Criterion Collection to be something of a seal of quality but seeing they've added Armageddon I guess that's right out.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

dead_elvis wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 16:45 Well I generally considered Criterion Collection to be something of a seal of quality but seeing they've added Armageddon I guess that's right out.
Counterpoint
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Well if they're blaming libertarians again then things must be going back to normal." ~dbcooper
JD

Post by JD »

Bach's Prelude No. 1, played on boomwhackers. (Boomwhackers are a kind of plastic tube, tuned to make a note when you hit them.) It's silly but also extremely impressive.

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

This is much more impressive than the usual videos of a group sitting chairs and just swapping out their own to hit different notes.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Highway

Post by Highway »

Hello, this is Highway from Grylliade.org with...

Chef John with Food Wishes!

That's right, it's a Youtube cooking channel... where all of the videos are presented in the same way... with Chef John's singsong voice... and a lot of interesting recipes and tips. So with that, even though I found it a bit annoying at the beginning, I now find that it's worth watching... and as you watch more of them, you really catch on to the fact that Chef John is very aware of his schtick... and is very good at it, with similar puns in each one that you start looking for... and making good commentary on what happened while he was cooking the demonstration.

And that's it! It's a very entertaining channel... and the style of the videos hasn't changed in 10 years...which makes it easy to watch any of them without worrying about them being bad or good. And if you don't like them, that's fine. After all, you are the Ice Cube of your YouTube. So I really do hope that you give this a try soon... and as always...

Enjoy!

Example:
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
dhex

Post by dhex »

Claire has her own YouTube channel now

https://youtube.com/c/ClaireSaffitzxDessertPerson
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

I've tried watching a few of the Food Wishes vids before, and yeah, that guy's sing-song voice where every other sentence sounds like a question is too fucking annoying.

The only food channel I watch nowadays is Kenji Lopez-Alt's.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Jasper wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 11:32 I've tried watching a few of the Food Wishes vids before, and yeah, that guy's sing-song voice where every other sentence sounds like a question is too fucking annoying.
same
dhex wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 07:57 Claire has her own YouTube channel now

https://youtube.com/c/ClaireSaffitzxDessertPerson
Yeah I couldn't make it through even one dessert. The fun of Gourmet Makes was watching her struggling with it. Now she's just another video chef, and the world don't need any more of them.
The opinions which are still persecuted strike the majority as so monstrous and immoral that the general principle of toleration cannot be held to apply to them. But this is exactly the same view as that which made possible the tortures of the Inquisition. - Bertrand Russell
dhex

Post by dhex »

She's too beautiful for this world.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Good quick analysis video of the United flight out of Denver this past weekend whose engine went kablooey.

when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

This is a worthwhile YouTube find. Though I'd dearly like to throttle the yokel that distorted the aspect ratio.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Kolohe wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 11:58 Good quick analysis video of the United flight out of Denver this past weekend whose engine went kablooey.

Apparently the house where the front ring of the nacelle cowling landed was the super for the building where my company has its main office.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Also is there anything more German than being excited about checklists?
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

lunchstealer wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 03:24 Also is there anything more German than being excited about checklists?
It took me back to my nuke reactor training days.
Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 03:24 Also is there anything more German than being excited about checklists?
Adding another zero past the decimal point.
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Other than invading Poland?
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 13:23
German officers and supply sergeants surely had umpteen checklists for moving all those people and supplies.
"...if that monkey gets any smarter it's going to start shorting TSLA."
--JD
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

thoreau wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 16:01
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 13:23
German officers and supply sergeants surely had umpteen checklists for moving all those people and supplies.
And it all happened on schedule.