Earworm Infestations

lshap

Re: Earworm Infestations

Post by lshap »

Just had to demonstrate to hubby that Peter Cottontail is definitely an/the Easter Bunny. By singing the song. You can guess what happened afterward.
-linguist
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

lshap wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 12:15 Just had to demonstrate to hubby that Peter Cottontail is definitely an/the Easter Bunny. By singing the song. You can guess what happened afterward.
He fixes the cable?
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Aw shit, I got the dreaded Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do stuck in my head. Not only that but I made the mistake of realizing when that song came out so now on top of the earworm torture I feel old. Harrumph.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

dead_elvis wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 16:55 Aw shit, I got the dreaded Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do stuck in my head. Not only that but I made the mistake of realizing when that song came out so now on top of the earworm torture I feel old. Harrumph.
I assume this is the Suzanne Vega one?

The Police equivalent, Do do do, de dah dah dah, came out ten years before that.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 19:35
dead_elvis wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 16:55 Aw shit, I got the dreaded Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do stuck in my head. Not only that but I made the mistake of realizing when that song came out so now on top of the earworm torture I feel old. Harrumph.
I assume this is the Suzanne Vega one?

The Police equivalent, Do do do, de dah dah dah, came out ten years before that.
I more of a doot doot doodle doo doo doot doot doo doot kind of guy, which came out a hundred years before that.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Of all random things:

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
dhex

Post by dhex »

That's a perennial youtube chicken staple in our household.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

dhex wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:10 That's a perennial youtube chicken staple in our household.
What's that? (I tried to Google it, but it goes stupid mode and tries to show me cooking videos. As does Bing and DDG.)
dhex

Post by dhex »

Oh each participant chooses a terrible video. The idea is to ride the line between torturing the other person and torturing yourself.

My fav is smell yo dick (which is crazy catchy dumb) and my nuke is 4 non blondes.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

dhex wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:25 Oh each participant chooses a terrible video. The idea is to ride the line between torturing the other person and torturing yourself.

My fav is smell yo dick (which is crazy catchy dumb) and my nuke is 4 non blondes.
But beside not playing, how do you win?
dhex

Post by dhex »

The other person folds first. It's very zero sum fun.