OFFS: The Forsakening

Aresen

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Aresen » 08 Jul 2019, 15:41

I am more upset by the fact that, despite having a cetacean-like (horizontal) tail, she has scales like a fish.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by Mo » 08 Jul 2019, 18:00

The real issue is that Halle Berry is too old to play Ariel, who is supposed to be a teenager (let’s presume 18/19). I know black don’t crack and all, but ...
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Jul 2019, 18:53

Aresen wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 15:41
I am more upset by the fact that, despite having a cetacean-like (horizontal) tail, she has scales like a fish.
I've never seen a mermaid put together otherwise.
Mo wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 18:00
The real issue is that Halle Berry is too old to play Ariel, who is supposed to be a teenager (let’s presume 18/19). I know black don’t crack and all, but ...
That's a good point. But the REAL issue, is that they didn't get a drag queen to play Ursula.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Shem

Post by Shem » 08 Jul 2019, 19:06

Mo wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 18:00
I was pretty happy the article I read had a photo, because otherwise that particular error would have made for an embarrassing Facebook discussion.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 08 Jul 2019, 21:55

I can't believe nobody but me cares about whether Sebastian is a lobster or a crab. Where is the outrage machine for the REAL issues?
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 08 Jul 2019, 22:31

Ellie wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 21:55
I can't believe nobody but me cares about whether Sebastian is a lobster or a crab. Where is the outrage machine for the REAL issues?
Melted butter or Old Bay? That is the question!

Mo

Post by Mo » 09 Jul 2019, 04:22

Ellie wrote:
He's a crab.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 09 Jul 2019, 04:34

Lobsters have donk, crabs have guns.

Warren

Post by Warren » 09 Jul 2019, 10:55

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:31
Ellie wrote:
Melted butter or Old Bay? That is the question!
Sauced and stuffed
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Jul 2019, 17:11

A Mississippi gubernatorial candidate refused to allow a reporter access because she's a woman -- she would only be allowed to do her job if a male colleague accompanied her.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ender.html
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 10 Jul 2019, 19:38

Jennifer wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 17:11
A Mississippi gubernatorial candidate refused to allow a reporter access because she's a woman -- she would only be allowed to do her job if a male colleague accompanied her.

Yep. Guessed his party affiliation correctly.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Jul 2019, 19:46

Aresen wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 19:38
Jennifer wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 17:11

Yep. Guessed his party affiliation correctly.
I figured everyone will, which is why I didn't mention it.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 11 Jul 2019, 22:01

Well this guy sounds like he'd be fun at parties.

The Lion King’ is a fascistic story. No remake can change that

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 11 Jul 2019, 22:05

Painboy wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 22:01

Paywalled, but I can catch the drift from the headline.

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 11 Jul 2019, 22:19

Aresen wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 22:05
Painboy wrote:

Paywalled, but I can catch the drift from the headline.
This is something I have been using to get around paywalls. It's not a hundred percent but works pretty well on most sites.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-past- ... 1835513589

JD

Post by JD » 11 Jul 2019, 22:58

Painboy wrote:

I kind of liked that piece, actually. It's a bit overblown, but some of the points are pretty decent.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 12 Jul 2019, 01:07

I'm just too tired of lefties calling everything they dislike or oppose "fascist" to actually get far into the article. The weak being expected to serve the strong—and for them to be told to act happy about it, and for the society to justify this hierarchy as good and natural—was the norm of human history for thousands of years before dipshits got together in Italy and Germany. It's monarchist propaganda.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 12 Jul 2019, 05:08

Fascism doesn’t have kings.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 12 Jul 2019, 07:52

You can't spell fuehrer without fur.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 12 Jul 2019, 10:25

Eric the .5b wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 01:07
I'm just too tired of lefties calling everything they dislike or oppose "fascist" to actually get far into the article. The weak being expected to serve the strong—and for them to be told to act happy about it, and for the society to justify this hierarchy as good and natural—was the norm of human history for thousands of years before dipshits got together in Italy and Germany. It's monarchist propaganda.
What is frustrating with people like the author is their inability to comprehend that democratic majoritarianism is equally unjust.

This is one of the things that most infuriates me with Brexiteers, whose favorite go-to argument is that the majority of the UK voted in favor - once. No matter how much of a clusterfuck it is turning out to be, the Brexiteers keep going back to the democratic mandate.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 12 Jul 2019, 11:32

Aresen wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 10:25
Eric the .5b wrote:
What is frustrating with people like the author is their inability to comprehend that democratic majoritarianism is equally unjust.

This is one of the things that most infuriates me with Brexiteers, whose favorite go-to argument is that the majority of the UK voted in favor - once. No matter how much of a clusterfuck it is turning out to be, the Brexiteers keep going back to the democratic mandate.
And in the case of Brexit it was literally 51% imposing their will on the other 49.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 12 Jul 2019, 12:07

Eric the .5b wrote:
This was my primary complaint about it. If having kings and queens in it makes it fascist then just about every fairy tale ever told falls into that. Even if that were the case, why is The Lion King getting singled out? The article reads more like a sports hot take than a movie review.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 12 Jul 2019, 12:16

I think it's more, "Life is pretty good and you people won't read anything unless it's shocking, stupid, or both. So I will make up pretend outrage that confuses people and want to figure out what I am whining about despite not believing a single word I wrote."
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 12 Jul 2019, 12:20

Pham Nuwen wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 12:16
I think it's more, "Life is pretty good and you people won't read anything unless it's shocking, stupid, or both. So I will make up pretend outrage that confuses people and want to figure out what I am whining about despite not believing a single word I wrote."
#EveryWaPoStory.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 12 Jul 2019, 13:06

Aresen wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 10:25
Eric the .5b wrote:

Not least because most fascist regimes are at least initially democratically installed by a majority of voters - often a large majority.

Also NO REALLY FASCISM DOESN'T HAVE KINGS THAT'S MONARCHY/FEUDALISM.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR