OFFS: The Forsakening

lunchstealer

Re: OFFS: The Forsakening

Post by lunchstealer »

I gotta say that I can't eat the Johnsonville-style brat. It just sits in my stomach and refuses to digest.

Also knockwurst and wiessewurst aren't super awesome either. Just get me a fuckin' schnitzel okay?

They seem like I should totally love them, but I don't.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

OTOH, Obama started two wars. (Libya & Yemen) How many has Trump started?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Aresen wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 23:21 OTOH, Obama started two wars. (Libya & Yemen) How many has Trump started?
You stop that! Right now!

His incompetence is the only reason we haven't expanded into other war zones. It's a curse and a blessing. Honestly, the guys saving grace is that hes to dumb to accomplish anything as awful as he wants. Silver linings and all.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 10:41
Aresen wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 23:21 OTOH, Obama started two wars. (Libya & Yemen) How many has Trump started?

His incompetence is the only reason we haven't expanded into other war zones. It's a curse and a blessing. Honestly, the guys saving grace is that hes to dumb to accomplish anything as awful as he wants. Silver linings and all.
Yeah. I know. I was irritated more by the twit fellating Obama.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Warren

Post by Warren »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 10:41

Just so.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
Mo

Post by Mo »

Aresen wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 23:21

OTOH, Obama started two wars. (Libya & Yemen) How many has Trump started?
Saudi Arabia started the Yemen war. Obama didn’t veto a Congressional bill to end a war (Trump and Yemen). Also, Obama didn’t give free reign to Ergodan to roll through Syria. And killing the Iran deal.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Mo wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 17:22 Saudi Arabia started the Yemen war. Obama didn’t veto a Congressional bill to end a war (Trump and Yemen). Also, Obama didn’t give free reign to Ergodan to roll through Syria. And killing the Iran deal.
Obama didn't make much noise about the Yemen War (can't recall him saying anything about Iranian involvement, either) but he kept up the arms shipments to the Saudis. I will concede the point, though.

However, as I said above, I am more pissed about the worship of Obama, which I see a lot of.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Say what you will, Obama and Trump more or less equally deserve the award.
Mo

Post by Mo »

Obama’s FP was wrong, but it was wrong within normal parameters. Aside from the sketchy stuff Trump did mentioned above, there’s also the ending of anti-proliferation treaties.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Mo wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 19:28 Obama’s FP was wrong, but it was wrong within normal parameters. Aside from the sketchy stuff Trump did mentioned above, there’s also the ending of anti-proliferation treaties.
Summarily executing American citizens from some secret kill list isn't within normal parameters.
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

If we've learned anything from the Trump Administration, it's that 'normality' is flexible enough to be nearly meaningless.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Painboy

Post by Painboy »

How outdoor advertising can deepen inequality

There's so much I hate in this article it's hard to know where to start. Public health meddling, correlation/causation issues, NIMBYism, and a complete lack of concern about any kind of property or free speech rights. I know it's Britain but still.
Many people consider outdoor adverts to be eyesores. But opposition campaigners point to the deeper effects of a glut of public advertising – for instance, causing mental overload and overspending and exacerbating the environmental consequences of overconsumption. This has led the anti-advertising movement to comprise a varied coalition of psychologists, environmentalists, public space activists and artists. The movement is also finding common cause with some public health researchers, as in the case of junk-food advertising.
Rather than tackling powerful lobbying groups at the national level, it may be more effective to think small. “Local officials can consider things like zoning restrictions,” she says. “I think local officials can also think about how they might identify specific strategies for their locality that change the message environment, and work to incentivise the promotion of healthy food and disincentivise the promotion of unhealthy foods using the tools that they have at their disposal.” Reducing the overall space for advertising would be likely to reduce the advertising of unhealthy foods that form such a large share of marketing efforts, especially in relation to children, low earners and minorities.
There’s also scope for working with community groups. “We’ve done research that shows that there are significant numbers of community members that are concerned about these issues, especially when they’re sensitised to them,” says Grier.
Is sensitised the new word for re-education?
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

This is why the English upper classes have always preferred private gardens to keep the riffraff out.
Warren

Post by Warren »

The deeper I get into Geezerhood the more sympathetic I am to Get Off My Lawnism.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
Shem

Post by Shem »

Nono, it's true. Gratuitous and ubiquitous advertising is why the Japanese have the lowest life expectancy in the world.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Shem wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 15:18 Nono, it's true. Gratuitous and ubiquitous advertising is why the Japanese have the lowest life expectancy in the world.
Is hentai and manga the price of too much advertising?

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 15:58
Shem wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 15:18 Nono, it's true. Gratuitous and ubiquitous advertising is why the Japanese have the lowest life expectancy in the world.
Is hentai and manga the price of too much advertising?
feature not bug
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

So is this one of those "Goddammit Japan!!" things or not? The people want to know dammit!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 19:20 So is this one of those "Goddammit Japan!!" things or not? The people want to know dammit!
Which?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Pham Nuwen wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 19:20 So is this one of those "Goddammit Japan!!" things or not? The people want to know dammit!
Naw, this is "oh fuck off, stuck up english twats," with a side of "God damn, Japan, *finger guns*"
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

A USC professor is in trouble because, while teaching a class on communications, he explained that the Chinese word "ne-ga" or "nay-ga" (very crude transliteration) is used in the same way that English speakers say "Umm..." in the middle of a sentence.

https://campusreform.org/?ID=15580&s=09

The article includes a recording of the utterance.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
JasonL

Post by JasonL »

It's just "ne" in Japanese or "eto ... ne". It's a particle meaning something like "right?" but it's used a lot like "umm" in sentences.
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Obviously the Chinese need to start talking like the Japanese, which they will totally embrace, and then there will be no more racism.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Dangerman

Post by Dangerman »

In Turkiye, 'am' means 'cunt', so anglos need to very carefully say 'ah' as a filler word instead.
JD

Post by JD »

JasonL wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 16:56 It's just "ne" in Japanese or "eto ... ne". It's a particle meaning something like "right?" but it's used a lot like "umm" in sentences.
Also "ano", I think. ("ano" literally just meaning something like "that", as in "that person, that thing, etc", but you sometimes hear it where an English speaker would say, "But, uh...")
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston