Towing the Lion

Warren

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren »

Ellie wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 23:42 Criminal being interviewed in the Unsolved Mysteries reboot: "I can turn into a totally different person, the evilest, cruelest person. It's like Heckle and Jeckle."
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Warren wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 10:37
Ellie wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 23:42 Criminal being interviewed in the Unsolved Mysteries reboot: "I can turn into a totally different person, the evilest, cruelest person. It's like Heckle and Jeckle."
Terrytoons, the RC Cola of animation.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

From a forum on living off the grid: "I'm looking for information on generating methane with horse manor."
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Ellie wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 13:34 From a forum on living off the grid: "I'm looking for information on generating methane with horse manor."
Horses will generate plenty of methane in an ordinary stable. No need to get fancy.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Aresen wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 14:42
Ellie wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 13:34 From a forum on living off the grid: "I'm looking for information on generating methane with horse manor."
Horses will generate plenty of methane in an ordinary stable. No need to get fancy.
No need, either, I guess, for a stable genius.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 15:09
But you can get extra credit if you get them in the right order.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Jake

Post by Jake »

lunchstealer wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 22:00
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 15:09
But you can get extra credit if you get them in the right order.
I've always got them in the right ordure.
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Another one from an off-grid forum: "Stack bricks around your stove to increase its Thurman mass."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Ellie wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 14:06 Another one from an off-grid forum: "Stack bricks around your stove to increase its Thurman mass."
Strom or Uma?

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Warren

Post by Warren »

So much to hate in there. Nazis, coding your fucking shoe laces, thanking people for telling your your wearing the wrong fucking shoe laces, and especially FUCK TWITTER and the people that use twitter like this with fifteen different things embedded in one thing and then referencing something in one of the things.

I wouldn't have even taken notice of the ball head men if I wasn't trying to figure out why my day was polluted with this garbage pile.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
dhex

Post by dhex »

my dudes it was always red laces what the fuck is wrong with the kids these days?
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God
Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

dhex wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 12:48 my dudes it was always red laces what the fuck is wrong with the kids these days?
That's what I thought. Or was red for anti-racist skinheads? I don't remember, and frankly don't care all that much.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

I, for one, think the whole thing is a hoax perpetrated by Big Shoestring.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

I think we can all come together though to say that we should shun and excoriate all people who wear doc martens, regardless of their shoelaces, and if we happen to sweep up some nazi punks in the purging, that's a great bonus. #YesAllDocMartens

JD

Post by JD »

lunchstealer wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 12:15 I think we can all come together though to say that we should shun and excoriate all people who wear doc martens, regardless of their shoelaces, and if we happen to sweep up some nazi punks in the purging, that's a great bonus. #YesAllDocMartens
Hey! I wear Docs! I wear them with yellow laces, because that's the anarcho-capitalist color, and definitely not just because I was too lazy to change the laces that came with them.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Note to self, pick up some Docs. Black with yellow laces....
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

See, this is why you should save up for a good pair of Alden Indy boots so you can look down your nose at anyone wearing cheap-ass Dr Martins.
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 20:44 See, this is why you should save up for a good pair of Alden Indy boots so you can look down your nose at anyone wearing cheap-ass Dr Martins.
Dare I ask where I stand in Rockports?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Aresen wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 21:55
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 20:44 See, this is why you should save up for a good pair of Alden Indy boots so you can look down your nose at anyone wearing cheap-ass Dr Martins.
Dare I ask where I stand in Rockports?
I assume somewhere in Canada?

Rockports are or at least were good shoes back when I remember owning a pair. Lightweight, good for walking, I wore a pair on my first European backpacking trip in the mid-80s.

The thing about Indy Boots is how comfortable they are despite their weight and how well they protect your feet and ankles. Plus, one pair should last a lifetime unless you're literally involved in heavy labor, and you don't end up looking like a punk poseur of one sort or another wearing them. I'm told Redwing makes a good workboot, too, but for an effete paper pusher like me, one pair of good boots is enough. Probably more than enough.
Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Dammit, I want a pair of those now.
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Jadagul wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 23:53 Dammit, I want a pair of those now.
If you mean the Indy Boots, go for it.
Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 00:05
I'll add it to the list of things to budget for, but I shouldn't drop $600 on a whim.

Especially not in the middle of moving. :P
Warren

Post by Warren »

Jadagul wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 00:12
D.A. Ridgely wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 00:05
I'll add it to the list of things to budget for, but I shouldn't drop $600 on a whim.

Especially not in the middle of moving. :P
If you wish real hard, I'm sure a lesbian will show up at your doorstep and give you a pair as a house warming.
JD

Post by JD »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 23:47 and you don't end up looking like a punk poseur of one sort or another wearing them.
Indeed. Instead you end up looking like a hipster poseur.
I'm told Redwing makes a good workboot, too, but for an effete paper pusher like me, one pair of good boots is enough. Probably more than enough.
I had some Redwing engineer boots, and they were pretty good. I've owned engineer boots from Georgia, Redwing, Frye, and so far I think Frye is probably my favorite.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston