H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Warren

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Warren »

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

When you're too crazy for InfoWars...
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JD

Post by JD »

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren »

“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:19
“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Warren

Post by Warren »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:25
Warren wrote:
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
No no it's baaaaaad
"Fentanyl is extraordinarily dangerous. Three grams is enough to kill an elephant,” Cannon said. “Fentanyl is the reason that our troopers no longer unwrap drugs."

According to Cannon, there have been several incidents throughout the county in which officers were hospitalized because of the presence of fentanyl.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:

But you're a libertarian....
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:26
Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:

No no it's baaaaaad
"Fentanyl is extraordinarily dangerous. Three grams is enough to kill an elephant,” Cannon said. “Fentanyl is the reason that our troopers no longer unwrap drugs."

According to Cannon, there have been several incidents throughout the county in which officers were hospitalized because of the presence of fentanyl.
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything. But drug concentration is a thing. The stuff we use is 50mcg/ml. The usual dose is 50-100 mcg. So, that's 1-2 ml of fluid. Morphine is less diluted, so an effective dose of that could be the same, volume-wise. As to the last-I wonder if they were actually sick. And if so, what actually happened?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:08
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything.
Except Keith Richards. He would die if he didn't get massive amounts of drugs.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

Warren

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:28
Number 6 wrote:
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything.
Except Keith Richards. He would die if he didn't get massive amounts of drugs.
Because he is a god.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Number 6 wrote:
As to the last-I wonder if they were actually sick. And if so, what actually happened?
Panic attack.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Goddammit Florida! Just goddammit! What have you unleashed upon us all? Why? Just why?

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/roving-ba ... reddit.com
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Don't fuck the monkeys.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:26
Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:

No no it's baaaaaad

Fuck me. Three grams? As in 3000mg? Oxycodone often comes in 5mg and 10mg doses, so he's talking about 300 times the dosage of standard oral formulations of oxy, which is not considered particularly dangerous by opioid standards, as surgeons are still handing it out like candy.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - Also JasonL

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Fentanyl is a little different, I think a dose for pain medication is something like 50-100 mcg. Number 6 can correct my guessing here :)

("omg I touched fentanyl I'm dying" cop stories are still THE STUPIDEST)
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Ellie wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 13:57
Fentanyl is a little different, I think a dose for pain medication is something like 50-100 mcg. Number 6 can correct my guessing here :)

("omg I touched fentanyl I'm dying" cop stories are still THE STUPIDEST)
That's exactly right-we can dose up to 200mcg, but that's a lot of meds. But fentanyl is packaged in diluted form-usually 50mcg/ml. So, by volume, it's not much different than morphine or other IV pain meds.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Vials are 50mcg. I call bullshit on the cops. As usual.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Number 6 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 20:59
That's exactly right-we can dose up to 200mcg, but that's a lot of meds.
Well just to put a bow on it, 3 grams is 15,000 200mcg doses.
So it wouldn't surprise me if that was enough to kill an elephant. But junkies aren't carrying that much in their pockets.
So to join the choir: Cops be full of shit.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 23:19
Vials are 50mcg. I call bullshit on the cops. As usual.
We carry 100mcg vials. But I agree, bullshit. Especially since, as I mentioned upthread, I've spilled the stuff on bare skin with no effect at all.