Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Pham Nuwen

Re: Twitter!

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Honestly people. Everyone needs to chill out on new bizarre ways to describe people. I dont want to do a mental essay trying to figure out the standard of acceptable responses every week.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Pham Nuwen wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:32
Honestly people. Everyone needs to chill out on new bizarre ways to describe people. I dont want to do a mental essay trying to figure out the standard of acceptable responses every week.
Speaking for everyone everywhere, we'll stop with the descriptive neologisms when you stop dropping medical jargon into conversations with non-medicals.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:36
Pham Nuwen wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:32
Speaking for everyone everywhere, we'll stop with the descriptive neologisms when you stop dropping medical jargon into conversations with non-medicals.
I do that?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

nicole

Post by nicole »

I would have to say "based" doesn't actually mean redpilled, but it often is used in a related way.

The more encompassing meaning:
"Based means being yourself. Not being scared of what people think about you. Not being afraid to do what you wanna do. Being positive. When I was younger, based was a negative term that meant like dopehead, or basehead. People used to make fun of me. They was like, 'You’re based.' They’d use it as a negative. And what I did was turn that negative into a positive. I started embracing it like, 'Yeah, I’m based.' I made it mine. I embedded it in my head. Based is positive."
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/based-god
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

nicole wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:44
I would have to say "based" doesn't actually mean redpilled, but it often is used in a related way.

The more encompassing meaning:
"Based means being yourself. Not being scared of what people think about you. Not being afraid to do what you wanna do. Being positive. When I was younger, based was a negative term that meant like dopehead, or basehead. People used to make fun of me. They was like, 'You’re based.' They’d use it as a negative. And what I did was turn that negative into a positive. I started embracing it like, 'Yeah, I’m based.' I made it mine. I embedded it in my head. Based is positive."
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/based-god
Yeah, that's morr accurate.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Any way, tweet of the week was "SoundCloud rappers really love dying."
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dhex

Post by dhex »

dbcooper wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:59
Any way, tweet of the week was "SoundCloud rappers really love dying."
Hahaha hahaha oh this made my day.

The only people worse than the toilet swirl of gabists are the people who stalk them.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

nicole wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 07:57
Jasper wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 07:55
I'll admit to being about 50:50 on divider use.

If I'm behind someone, I'll usually just leave like a foot or so between our items so there's a clear delineation. The only time I think to put one down behind me is if the person has a super-full cart and/or small kids.

I also tend to Tetris all my stuff on the conveyor so it takes up minimal space. Folks that put one thing after another so it looks like an assembly line are terrible.
I also Tetris all my stuff, but it’s part of the overall process of maximizing efficiency so as many people as possible can put their groceries on the belt. (Ideally, I want three customers with stuff on the belt at all times, for conditions where and when I shop.) Especially because I usually use a basket, so not being able to load the belt means having to carry the basket longer.
Couple months back I was tetrising my stuff, and since she was already ringing my stuff up I was up by the register, and was about halfway through emptying my cart when some guy comes up and starts putting his stuff on at the end of the conveyor. I had a pretty big order and could only grab so many things so fast, and the checkout girl was going pretty fast, too, so his stuff started coming up on me before I was done unloading my cart, and there was this traffic jam and he had to start moving his stuff out and it was like what the fuck dude you wait until somebody's finished.

He said that because I was up by the checkstand that that meant I was just about done. But I was putting stuff by the checkstand so that I wouldn't fill up the entire thing with stuff spaced out along the entire conveyor belt so that when I was done someone could start loading behind me.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Around here, they tend to run the conveyors early and often, so it's hard to really tetris the stuff on the belt. I settle for putting heavier stuff nearer to the cashier and lighter stuff further out; easier to grab and easier for the bagger to put that stuff in a bag first
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I haven't used a conveyer checkout in a year probably. I'm twice weekly but small loads grocery guy for the most part and I always use self checkout. Kroger phased out the 15 or less lines in favor of more self check stations and it never seems worth it to me to be in one of the lines behind 9,000 can lady.

Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 10:00
I haven't used a conveyer checkout in a year probably. I'm twice weekly but small loads grocery guy for the most part and I always use self checkout. Kroger phased out the 15 or less lines in favor of more self check stations and it never seems worth it to me to be in one of the lines behind 9,000 can lady.
Self checkout is fine for small loads with no alcohol. I'm twice weekly medium loads, always with fresh produce (kumquats are a PITA via selfcheck). I don't really understand why people have feelz about the divider. I put it down when my all my stuff is on the conveyor to signal to the next guy he can start putting his stuff out. If the person in front of me hasn't put it out, I'll put it down and start loading once their stuff is all up. I don't have expectations or opinions on divider etiquette, save that the store should have two dividers so that when the cashier pushes it in the channel it pushes another one to the back of the conveyor where can reach it from behind the guy in front of me and get started on unloading.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader »

Warren wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 10:23
the store should have two dividers so that when the cashier pushes it in the channel it pushes another one to the back of the conveyor where can reach it from behind the guy in front of me and get started on unloading.
This is one of THE MOST ESSENTIAL expectations we should have as a society

-Ellie
Remember, remember

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

JasonL wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 10:00
I think if the wife and I were more small trips more often, I'd be a self-check guy. I mean, I am if I'm stopping off for a few things becasue I want to cook something special. But the normal pantry & fridge stocking is usually a once a week thing, so it's a push-cart instead of basket load.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole »

“The jig is sky high”

Please help

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

nicole wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 09:00
“The jig is sky high”

Please help
Seems to be a variation on "The jig is up".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

nicole wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 09:00
“The jig is sky high”
Lolololol omg whyyyyy
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

What's the context?
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

nicole

Post by nicole »

Hugh Akston wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 12:25
What's the context?
Someone complaining about elites keeping them down lol

nicole

Post by nicole »

I don’t know why but the overall tenor of replies to this tweet really surprised me

Obviously I thought it was a heartbreaking love story!

Warren

Post by Warren »

nicole wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 08:19
I don’t know why but the overall tenor of replies to this tweet really surprised me

Obviously I thought it was a heartbreaking love story!
I am 100% with you on this one nicole.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Shooting your wife with a firearm is probably more effective than shooting her with Alzheimer's. Just sayin'

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Okay so at this point Gwyneth is obviously just trolling us

nicole

Post by nicole »

Yeah I've now come full circle and am pro-Gwyneth.

Warren

Post by Warren »

I can live in a world with Trump. I can live in a world with Putin. I can live in a world with Kim Jong Un.
I don't know if I can live in a world with Gwyneth
click
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Warren wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 16:26
click
I definitely should not watch that full series. It will be 90% me screaming at the TV "THAT'S CRAP SCIENCE" and 10% me screaming at the TV "I WANT TO DO THOSE DRUGS WAHHHH"
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD