If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

thoreau

Re: If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by thoreau » 24 Aug 2019, 23:17

You take some kids who may not have been in the best of health to begin with. You lock them up in a camp without historical precedent.

This stresses them out and weakens the immune system.

You feed them shitty food that has way more carbs than protein or vitamins.

This does nothing to help their immune systems.

You deny them vaccines. You put them around a bunch of people in similar condition.

Outbreaks and child deaths are guaranteed. Absolutely guaranteed.

This is premeditated murder of children. Forget impeachment, this merits Nuremberg trials.
Last edited by thoreau on 25 Aug 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Aug 2019, 02:20

thoreau wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 21:38
Dilution is the word you're looking for.
No, it's definitely diffusion, because not only is that the opposite of concentration, but diffusion is also an intransitive verb meaning "To make known to or cause to be used by large numbers of people; disseminate." And sho' nuff, our camps are being used by ever-larger numbers of people, and they're disseminating illnesses as well!

And, more importantly, it avoids offending the America-lovin' patriots who know the worst thing about our camps is the ridiculous way some people refer to them as "concentration camps." Learning lessons from history is for chumps, NOT AMERICANS.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Aug 2019, 02:22

thoreau wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 23:17

This is premeditated murder of children. Forget impeachment, this merits Nuremberg.
Of course, had the Nazis not been defeated, not ONLY would there never have been any Nuremberg trials, the camp workers would eventually retire with cushy tax-funded pensions -- EXACTLY the destiny of our concentration-camp guards!!

Did you read the article about the Border Patrol guy who said he had to "shut off" caring about what happens to the kids in the camps, because if he cared he wouldn't be able to do his job and he's only three or four years away from collecting his pension? Poor man.
Last edited by Jennifer on 25 Aug 2019, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Aug 2019, 11:04

He has the Yuppie Nuremberg Defense.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 25 Aug 2019, 17:36

Beware the penguin.

(Dooby dooby doo...)
Last edited by Eric the .5b on 25 Aug 2019, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Aug 2019, 17:38

Fair point Eric. I've edited my posts.

All I can say is that reading about children in concentration camps sends me to a dark place.
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 25 Aug 2019, 17:42

thoreau wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 17:38
Fair point Eric. I've edited my posts.

All I can say is that reading about children in concentration camps sends me to a dark place.
Likewise. I just don't want your life to join the list of people"s lives fucked over with, so far, impunity.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Aug 2019, 20:24

FWIW, I edited the one where I quoted you.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 25 Aug 2019, 20:28

Jennifer wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 20:24
FWIW, I edited the one where I quoted you.
Thank you.
--Mo

Mo

If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by Mo » 28 Aug 2019, 16:15

So the Trump Administration has completely redefined the qualifications of citizenship for the children of military members and other government employees born abroad while on government assignment. It’s basically targeting kids of non-citizens who are in the military or foreign service.
Explains that USCIS no longer considers children of U.S. government employees and U.S. armed forces members residing outside the United States as “residing in the United States” for purposes of acquiring citizenship under INA 320

Instead, the U.S. citizen parent of such a child may apply for naturalization on the child’s behalf under INA 322
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/fil ... enship.pdf
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 28 Aug 2019, 16:18

Mo wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 16:15
So the Trump Administration has completely redefined the qualifications of citizenship for the children of military members and other government employees born abroad while on government assignment. It’s basically targeting kids of non-citizens who are in the military or foreign service.
Explains that USCIS no longer considers children of U.S. government employees and U.S. armed forces members residing outside the United States as “residing in the United States” for purposes of acquiring citizenship under INA 320

Instead, the U.S. citizen parent of such a child may apply for naturalization on the child’s behalf under INA 322
Gotta hand it to the guy, he's taking that feud with McCain seriously.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 28 Aug 2019, 16:22

My family has a special word for a non-citizen who's served in the army: Grandma.
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 28 Aug 2019, 17:01

Mo wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 16:15

I guess this is how they SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 31 Aug 2019, 17:56

In addition to vaccinations, basic medical care, beds, soap and toothpaste, inmates in our diffusion camps are also denied sanitary products to the point where women in the camps are visibly bleeding through their pants and underwear.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/migrant- ... vZgTC3c-Ow

Of course, the feds are only paying about $800 per inmate per day; surely we can't expect bare-minimum living standards on such a paltry sum.

Thank Zod the Republicans are in charge. Imagine how much worse things would be if those fiscally irresponsible Democrats were at the helm!

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 Aug 2019, 18:08

Just don't call this inhumane or cruel because that might offend a Trump voter's tender feelings.
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 31 Aug 2019, 18:16

thoreau wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:08
Just don't call this inhumane or cruel because that might offend a Trump voter's tender feelings.
Do you WANT our economy to go Full Sanders? Because criticizing anything Trump or the right wing does is absolutely, definitely how you get Full Sanders.

Diffusion camps are one thing, but don't you dare threaten anyone with a tax increase.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 31 Aug 2019, 18:26

Maybe you two should get a room.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 31 Aug 2019, 18:31

If we did, who would the America-loving patriots have left to criticize?

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 Aug 2019, 19:18

I don't endorse Jennifer's previous comment. Do I still have to room with her?
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 31 Aug 2019, 20:09

Jennifer wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 18:31
If we did, who would the America-loving patriots have left to criticize?
Shem

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 Aug 2019, 22:47

Meanwhile, there's also a mumps outbreak in the concentration camps.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-repor ... d=65268579
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 31 Aug 2019, 22:57

Most of them got the disease because they were detained in filthy and overcrowded concentration camps and denied vaccines. This is the fault of the US government. The people responsible for this are guilty of crimes against humanity.
Based on detainee custody status during their incubation period (12–25 days before symptom onset), most (758, 84%) patients were exposed while in custody of ICE or another U.S. agency†; 43 (5%) were exposed before apprehension; and the custody status at the time of exposure of 97 (11%) was unknown.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6834a4.htm

--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Sep 2019, 12:22

Jimmy Aldaoud, the schizophrenic man who died of diabetes after being deported to Iraq, is being brought home for burial.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/us/j ... eport.html

I have a lot of schizophrenic relatives, including some who are quite close and whom I love dearly. Ever since reading of this case a few weeks ago I've just been watching scenes from Inglourious Basterds. Trump has the blood of a schizophrenic man on his hands, and as far as I am concerned Trump is deserving of no moral consideration. Between this and the denial of vaccines to kids in concentration camps, I no longer recognize him as belonging to humanity or any other moral category that would make him worthy of protection. He is the most reprehensible creature imaginable, and I look forward to reading his obituary.
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Sep 2019, 14:21

I can imagine a more reprehensible individual, not least Steven Miller who is responsible for setting the tone and course of this administration. And while I’m comfortable assuming that Trump has narcissistic personality disorder, I’m approaching metaphysical certitude that Miller is a full blown antisocial personality disorder psychopath. That dead look in the eyes - his blank affect - is a big red flag, and coupled with his cruelty so deep seated that he had Trump fore Nielsen for pushing back on child separation even while carrying out trump’s orders. I’d be astonished if he could go very long without a diagnosis if he were in a clinical setting.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Sep 2019, 14:26

Stephen Miller needs to run into Aldo the Apache in a dark alley.
--Mo