Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau

Re: Twitter!

Post by thoreau » 03 Mar 2019, 12:52

It took me a while to figure out that he's a parody because mostly he retweets things that--by the low standards of SJW Twitter--are not particularly outrageous. So if you just look at his feed it all seems pretty earnest.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 03 Mar 2019, 20:21

nicole wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 12:30
yeah, as someone else just said, he's wayyyyy better than titania mcg

also i hate david burge but i actually did have a meltdown about this earlier

(i hate the tweet two tweets after that so much i almost had another one)
I laughed because that’s exactly what I do with the laser for material testing. One axis is power level, one is speed. I also found it hilarious that Edward Tufte blocked him over this.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 04 Mar 2019, 08:38

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 04 Mar 2019, 10:38

Is that real or a deep fake with some tells?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 Mar 2019, 12:25

I don't get it. Should I know who this guy is?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 04 Mar 2019, 12:46

Laura Palmer's Theme was a nice touch.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 05 Mar 2019, 18:26

Nothing could go wrong here...
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 05 Mar 2019, 18:27

In America, NSA Twitter account follows YOU!
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 05 Mar 2019, 18:29

It's like that Men in Black acession test where if you actually take the test, you fail.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 06 Mar 2019, 05:01

Kolohe wrote:It's like that Men in Black acession test where if you actually take the test, you fail.
What if you install your own spyware on their system with the connection?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 09 Mar 2019, 06:31

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 13 Mar 2019, 16:23

dbcooper wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 06:31
Going in, I thought people would be more upset by her sash but no, I was wrong.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 14 Mar 2019, 22:55

Guys! Ken White is putting a beating on Avenatti over yonder. It's hilarious.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 14 Mar 2019, 23:51

What does @PopeHat's bio "I do the RICO" mean? (I don't Twitter and only follow Ken White through the PopeHat posts that David reads to me off his RSS feed.)
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Highway

Post by Highway » 14 Mar 2019, 23:55

Ellie, because everyone's always been asking him "But couldn't they use RICO to prosecute Those Guys?!?!?!" It's never RICO, but he always has to say why it's not RICO. It's like the equivalent of "It's not Lupus!" on House.

Avenatti is such a clown.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

dhex

Post by dhex » 15 Mar 2019, 08:31

Avenatti is exceptionally Rico.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Mar 2019, 10:22

A summary for those who don't twitter like me.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/14/ ... ybe-phone/

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Mar 2019, 15:11

JasonL wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 10:22
A summary for those who don't twitter like me.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/14/ ... ybe-phone/
THX
I don't do the twitters. Good yuks there.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Twitter!

Post by Mo » 15 Mar 2019, 16:52

“A. Harmony” wrote: Fun fact: I immediately answered “the Funk” before realizing this is a Brexit thread.
“Swiss neutrality” wrote: What the fuck does parliament actually want????????
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 18 Mar 2019, 23:45

Devin Nunes is suing Twitter for the @DevinCow account... so naturally the @DevinCow account is amassing followers like Manafort collects charges...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Yesterday, 14:57

On the 16th anniversary of the Iraq War, Ari Fleischer posts a whiny Twitter thread explaining why the war boosters were wrong for the right reasons, whereas the war opponents were right for the wrong reasons, so even though shitloads of people died in that war it's unfair to, like, criticize those responsible or anything.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » Yesterday, 15:26

Jennifer wrote:
Yesterday, 14:57
On the 16th anniversary of the Iraq War, Ari Fleischer posts a whiny Twitter thread explaining why the war boosters were wrong for the right reasons, whereas the war opponents were right for the wrong reasons, so even though shitloads of people died in that war it's unfair to, like, criticize those responsible or anything.

I am curious what those 'right reasons' were, if there were no WMD. I opposed the war, even though I did believe Saddam Hussein had WMD. So why go to war?

TBS, I tend to think that the Bush the Lesser administration's WMD allegations were a prime example of confirmation bias: They 'knew' Saddam Hussein had them, so they believed any information that supported their 'knowledge' and rejected any information that contradicted it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Yesterday, 15:42

Aresen wrote:
Yesterday, 15:26
Jennifer wrote:
Yesterday, 14:57

I am curious what those 'right reasons' were, if there were no WMD. I opposed the war, even though I did believe Saddam Hussein had WMD. So why go to war?
IIRC, it was a combination of "Saddam is a REALLY REALLY bad guy," "Saddam was somehow involved in 9/11 even though the religious fundamentalists who actually did the attack hated him," "If you're not with us you're with the terrorists," "what about the 'rape rooms', huh?" and "My daddy's Iraq War left Saddam in charge of the country; here's my chance to one-up him!" Also: "The only reason anybody could oppose this war is because they are hippie peaceniks who refuse to admit ANY war might be necessary! Don't look at those Iraq War opponents who nonetheless supported our going to Afghanistan after the Taliban, though, because those facts fuck up my narrative." Remember when Bush administration hacks actually used the phrase "reality-based community" as an INSULT against those of us who opposed that war? "Dang political opponents of mine, citing actual facts to explain why they think our idea is a super-bad one! We don't need any fucking reality here!"
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » Yesterday, 16:48

The one argument for the Iraq war that I tended to agree with was Saddam's multiple genocides: Against the Kurds in the north, the Shias in the south and against the Marsh Arabs in the Euphrates delta. I am still troubled by the question of permitting genocide to go unopposed. Sanctions don't cut it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex