Groping Resistance - Pfft.

JasonL
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Groping Resistance - Pfft.

Post by JasonL » 02 Jun 2017, 12:49

Oh I think you are right... there's a map that has the jun 6 deadline on it but it may be for something other than travel

Andrew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Andrew » 02 Jun 2017, 13:01

JasonL wrote:Oh I think you are right... there's a map that has the jun 6 deadline on it but it may be for something other than travel
Federal buildings and military bases, I think.

And I know Jan 2018 because Arizona isn't compliant, so I guess I'll need to get my passport if I'm going to fly again.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Jun 2017, 09:51

Woman in the headscarf that "randomly" selected me for additional screening and pat down in LHR is the airport security version of the black cop in "Fuck da police"
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 30 Jun 2017, 09:57

ha
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 30 Jun 2017, 13:51

At Dulles yesterday, you didn't need to take off your shoes or empty your pockets.

Which would have been useful to know before I did that. Because they also withheld most of the plastic bins; you had to put your metal and your electronics in your bag.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Aug 2017, 10:29

Facial recognition for all passengers on all flights leaving the US?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-future/w ... ecognition
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Aug 2017, 19:14

lunchstealer wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 10:29
Facial recognition for all passengers on all flights leaving the US?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-future/w ... ecognition
So, when the dictatorship finally slams down, I'll be nabbed during my attempt to flee and shot beside the terminal because the algorithm matched me with some communist in Cleveland.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 30 Jul 2018, 19:57

The previously undisclosed program, called “Quiet Skies,” specifically targets travelers who “are not under investigation by any agency and are not in the Terrorist Screening Data Base,” according to a Transportation Security Administration bulletin in March.

The internal bulletin describes the program’s goal as thwarting threats to commercial aircraft “posed by unknown or partially known terrorists,” and gives the agency broad discretion over which air travelers to focus on and how closely they are tracked.
The program relies on 15 rules to screen passengers, according to a May agency bulletin, and the criteria appear broad: “rules may target” people whose travel patterns or behaviors match those of known or suspected terrorists, or people “possibly affiliated” with someone on a watch list.

The full list of criteria for Quiet Skies screening was unavailable to the Globe, and is a mystery even to the air marshals who field the surveillance requests the program generates. TSA declined to comment.
A sample of the behavior checklist, there's more in the article:
2. Subject exhibited Behavioral Indicators

(If observed, check any that apply below) | Y N Unknown

Excessive fidgeting
Excessive perspiration
Facial flushing
Rapid eye blinking
“Adam’s apple jump”
Rubbing/wringing of hands
Strong body odor
Sweaty palms
Trembling
Cold penetrating stare
Exaggerated emotions
Gripping/“White knuckling” bags
Wide open, staring eyes
Face touching
Other
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 30 Jul 2018, 22:08

Kolohe wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 13:51
At Dulles yesterday, you didn't need to take off your shoes or empty your pockets.

Which would have been useful to know before I did that. Because they also withheld most of the plastic bins; you had to put your metal and your electronics in your bag.
Ugh. The inconsistency drives me bonkers. Flew last month and on the way there I didn't have to remove my laptop from my bag, And on the way back they made a big stink about it and didn't respond when I muttered oh I didn't have to do that on the way here. I'm starting to think it's a strategy on purpose which just makes me angrier.

And the new thing of putting your keys, phones and change in your bags needs to die. 99% of the time I packed my backpack as stuffed as it will get and don't appreciate having to find room to stuff a few more things in there. Just give us those little circular holders, I just don't understand what's the BFD.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 30 Jul 2018, 23:44

dead_elvis wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 22:08
Kolohe wrote:
30 Jun 2017, 13:51

Ugh. The inconsistency drives me bonkers. Flew last month and on the way there I didn't have to remove my laptop from my bag, And on the way back they made a big stink about it and didn't respond when I muttered oh I didn't have to do that on the way here. I'm starting to think it's a strategy on purpose which just makes me angrier.

And the new thing of putting your keys, phones and change in your bags needs to die. 99% of the time I packed my backpack as stuffed as it will get and don't appreciate having to find room to stuff a few more things in there. Just give us those little circular holders, I just don't understand what's the BFD.
Well, at least my last trip to Dulles, also last month, was the same as it was a year ago.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

JD

Post by JD » 13 Aug 2018, 14:05

Here's an infuriating story about TSA getting all "respect muh authority" on a guy: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ate-219347
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 14 Aug 2018, 07:41

Cocksuckers.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 21 Jan 2019, 14:14

It is REALLY FUCKING NAUSEATING, seeing TSA workers held up as examples of noble selfless public servants being harmed by the fedgov shutdown.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JD

Post by JD » 21 Jan 2019, 14:44

Jennifer wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 14:14
It is REALLY FUCKING NAUSEATING, seeing TSA workers held up as examples of noble selfless public servants being harmed by the fedgov shutdown.
On the plus side, I have seen that the government shutdown is causing some airports to look at privatizing security again.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 21 Jan 2019, 14:52

The TSA is as close as you'll get to national healthcare: Body scans and physical exams for everyone.

But it's still neoliberalism, because you have to buy an airplane ticket to get it.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 21 Jan 2019, 15:02

thoreau wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 14:52
The TSA is as close as you'll get to national healthcare: Body scans and physical exams for everyone.

But it's still neoliberalism, because you have to buy an airplane ticket to get it.
I can see it now, "You're being protected from terrorists and getting a free colonoscopy and hernia check. What's to complain about?!"

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 21 Jan 2019, 16:13

Painboy wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 15:02
thoreau wrote:

I can see it now, "You're being protected from terrorists and getting a free colonoscopy and hernia check. What's to complain about?!"
It would not shock me if some future Blue President invokes the AUMF to unilaterally change healthcare policy without Congressional involvement.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

JD

Post by JD » 22 Jan 2019, 09:50

thoreau wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 16:13
Painboy wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 15:02
thoreau wrote:

It would not shock me if some future Blue President invokes the AUMF to unilaterally change healthcare policy without Congressional involvement.
Hey, we've already set the precedent that a declaration of national emergency is a trump (sorry) card for any and all laws, so it wouldn't surprise me if President Ocasio-Cortez declared a national healthcare emergency or something.

Mo

Post by Mo » 22 Jan 2019, 10:28

The Opiod Crisis was already declared a National Emergency.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

nicole

Post by nicole » 22 Jan 2019, 10:40

It is a legitimate emergency that you can't buy heroin at CVS though.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Jan 2019, 12:16

Mo wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 10:28
The Opiod Crisis was already declared a National Emergency.
Has it? I thought there's been some proposals and recomendations, but no action yet?
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-31 ... d=60294693

Mo

Post by Mo » 23 Jan 2019, 12:48

More than 300,000 Americans have died from overdoses involving opioids since 2000. President Donald J. Trump has mobilized his entire Administration to address opioid abuse by directing the declaration of a nationwide Public Health Emergency.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/opioids/

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Jan 2019, 13:29

Fair enough. Though it is under the same category of the public health emergency that was declared, for example, for Puerto Rico due to Maria

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 23 Jan 2019, 19:44

There's a distinction between a National Emergency and Public Health Emergency with regard to the laws that authorize them, the actions they allow, and the funds that they pull from. The opioid crisis is an example of the latter.

Trump has declared three national emergencies so far, none of which are actual emergencies. Here is a list of currently active National Emergencies, dating back to before I was born. The inescapable conclusion of which is that America is a stupid country that doesn't know what the word emergency means.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JD

Post by JD » 30 Jan 2019, 15:19

Hugh Akston wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 19:44
The inescapable conclusion of which is that America is a stupid country that doesn't know what the word emergency means.
And/or the lesson is that once you say "Hey, saying the magic word 'emergency' lets you do things you wouldn't be able to do otherwise, at no real cost", you tend to keep doing it.