Ron's Bitching about Cultural Marxism

Discuss H&R posts and other Reason articles here.
lunchstealer

Ron's Bitching about Cultural Marxism

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Jul 2018, 20:11

Brian Doherty has a pretty good take on Ron Paul's RT'd cartoon about Cultural Marxism.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/07/02/ron-p ... m-with-big
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Re: Ron's Bitching about Cultural Marxism

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Jul 2018, 21:39

From the comments:
Libertymike|7.2.18 @ 7:35PM|#

No entity, including the state, has any business prohibiting a white man from wedding a negress. That, however, does not mean that a white man marrying a negress, in and of itself, is groovy or necessary for liberty to flourish.
DajjaI|7.2.18 @ 8:04PM|#

Yes this is antisemitic and I condemn it. However, cultural marxism is real, and here are some examples. The lawsuits against SPLC, which supposedly protects us from discrimination, are used to squelch free speech. So now you can't accuse anyone of islamophobia or extremism, or you get sued. And now we can lament the demise of freedom of the press in the US. These are Frankfurt School tactics, and they're working. Also the Starbucks 'meeting' where they called the police was completely staged. The guy told his friends to not order anything and he would be there any minute. Which he was - waiting to get a video when the police came. This time the ADL was behind it (Jonathan Greenblatt sold his company to Starbucks and now runs the ADL). Similarly they tried this a few months ago when a guy brought a homeless guy into a McDonalds and then gets a video when they are kicked out, trying to play on sympathy to 'protect' homeless people from discrimination and attack McDonalds. And then a guy I know feigned sleepwalking and when getting arrested by the Columbia police, everyone cried for him saying the police should be more sensitive to students with disability.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Jul 2018, 23:15

I'm sure those guys are fun at parties.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2018, 23:23

Thankfully, most of those guys will never get an opportunity to pass on their genes.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 03 Jul 2018, 09:02

One upside to trump is that stupid no longer burns, but merely stings a bit.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

nicole

Post by nicole » 03 Jul 2018, 10:34

Impressively, this continued overnight
lulz farmer|7.3.18 @ 1:01AM|#

It's a racial version of marxism because the economic version didn't make sense and doesn't work, and the working class in western Europe knew it and were going towards fascism which actually did serve their interests, was organic and of and by their own people.

Brown and black invasives no one wanted, no one voted for, no one consented to or would have given the choice (remember--this is all top down policy) have become the new "Proletariat" even though they work at lower rates than the natives that they have been foisted on.

This is all straight out of the Frankfurt school's own documents. It's not a secret. It's just communism 2.0. End goal: Kill whitey, "chosen" people rule over a slave mass of brown mystery meat mixed race mutts with no cohesiveness, no rootedness, no real history or culture and thus no real ability to rebel.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 03 Jul 2018, 10:54

It's too bad that HnR comment sections aren't a physical place that you could bar the door to with the commenters inside and then set that place on fire.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 03 Jul 2018, 10:59

OK some stupids still burn.

What the fuck is that guy banging on about? Invasives? Kill whitey worked really well in Russia because lord knows you can't find any pale people in Eastern Europe.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 03 Jul 2018, 11:05

The only thing the Frankfurt School produced was bad takes in jazz and turgid prose.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 03 Jul 2018, 11:06

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 10:54
It's too bad that HnR comment sections aren't a physical place that you could bar the door to with the commenters inside and then set that place on fire.
Cocoanut Grove H&R.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jul 2018, 16:35

Among the alt-right, it's pretty much taken for granted that only "Communists" and/or "Marxists" oppose any form of bigotry; even the most diehard capitalist member of the Gryll is basically Stalin for not supporting the KKK. (I remember raising a couple of eyebrows when James Damore's Google manifesto first came out, for that very reason -- something about how Marxists are the ones pushing the "both sexes are equal," which is doomed to fail just as their "all races are equal" stunt is.) In that Vice documentary on the Charlottesville Nazi rally, Chris "Crying Nazi" Cantwell took it for granted that only "Communists" were opposed to the marchers.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jul 2018, 17:31

I might as well just call myself a cosmotarian, now.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jul 2018, 19:45

Eric the .5b wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 17:31
I might as well just call myself a cosmotarian, now.
If opposing sexism and racism makes one a Marxist, I'll call myself Jennifer Lenin-Guevara (note the hyphenated last name, added solely to piss off the anti-feminists).
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jul 2018, 20:14

Random thought: of all the guys currently screeching "Marxist! Communist!" at anyone who disagrees with them on any political matter -- two years ago, how many of them were the same ones insisting "The reason we're seeing a racism renaissance now is because those nasty left-wingers kept shouting 'racist!' at anyone they dislike"?

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jul 2018, 20:49

Jennifer wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 20:14
Random thought: of all the guys currently screeching "Marxist! Communist!" at anyone who disagrees with them on any political matter -- two years ago, how many of them were the same ones insisting "The reason we're seeing a racism renaissance now is because those nasty left-wingers kept shouting 'racist!' at anyone they dislike"?
I'm reminded of the old clipping shared in another thread about how Jews shouldn't provoke Nazis by opposing them. I find myself at a loss for actual backlashes in response to criticism and arguments, as opposed to actual events and political changes. But some people are forever out there, saying their enemies' arguments are sowing the wind, if only to justify their backing the whirlwind the whole time.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem