Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Shem

Re: Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Post by Shem » 27 Nov 2017, 12:42

It was a bummer, but thematically, it made perfect sense.

I also think the Trump stuff makes sense for White Rose. Her whole schtick seems to be "chaos is a well-maintained hedge maze," and on that front, I don't even think she cares who the President is. It's just a convenient way to keep eyes focused firmly elsewhere, while she bribes and bullies the people who really matter.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 28 Nov 2017, 15:56

Yeah, that was a tough one.

Wouldn't it be a sign that something wasn't quite right with what they found in the garage in that an observant Muslim woman wasn't wearing a head covering in her final act of jihad?

(I'm not even going to let it bother me that 'hey they have an Iranian flag, that's who is behind this' is too silly even for the idiot savant FBI that inhabits this story)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Nov 2017, 17:14

Kolohe wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 15:56
Yeah, that was a tough one.

Wouldn't it be a sign that something wasn't quite right with what they found in the garage in that an observant Muslim woman wasn't wearing a head covering in her final act of jihad?
The DA has at least one agent in the FBI already, though. And I don't know how much even a non-corrupt FBI would want to look such a gift horse in the mouth--a nice neat answer to the question "Who committed this terrorist attack which was FAR worse than 9/11, and how do we stop them from doing it again?"

I suspect/predict that if and when the scam is exposed, it'll be due to Trenton's email rather than anything the DA did or did not do in that house.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 28 Nov 2017, 18:19

I forgot about the Trenton email until they mentioned it on a podcast I listen to. The working theory (which I agree with) is that Darlene will get the email, but DDP will almost instantly know as well because Darlene's email is being read by the FBI.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Nov 2017, 18:53

Something I'm not quite clear on -- Dom's corrupt Dark Army boss at the FBI has of course done all he can to stonewall her, and insist the very idea of the Dark Army and Whiterose is an urban legend, let alone that they're involved somehow, but how widespread is that idea among the rest of Dom's colleagues at the FBI?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 28 Nov 2017, 18:56

I seem to remember her partner who seems a stand up guy being aware of the notion but skeptical of her actual existence but I could be misrembering.

Shem

Post by Shem » 29 Nov 2017, 00:34

Kolohe wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 15:56
Only if you were looking for signs that something wasn't quite right, as opposed to looking for bodies to throw to an angry populace in search of answers.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 06 Dec 2017, 23:18

The only thing that's stopping me from saying Darlene is toast is that they are telegraphing it so hard that the telegraphing might be a misdirect. (After all, we were lead to believe Tyrell was dead for the better part of a season)

I find it hard to believe that White Rose fell for the old malware on a thumb drive trick.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Dec 2017, 01:18

I was skeptical about the malware too. And I don't know if Darlene was playing idiot ball for telling the FBI she knew the Dark Army compromised it.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 07 Dec 2017, 07:19

I'll cut Darlene some slack as she was out of cards to play, and her info on Dark Army - FBI connections was from the receiving end of a 4 person (3 body) telephone game.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Dec 2017, 11:38

Angela has clearly lost her mind, and I wonder who those people who picked her up last night were -- Dark Army agents, or someone else?