Mattingly, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!

What kind of facial hair do you have?

Clean shaven
47%
Sideburns
No votes
Mustache
6%
Goatee
22%
Full beard
19%
Other (describe!)
6%

Total votes: 32

lunchstealer

Re: Mattingly, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Dec 2014, 15:24

Mo wrote:My mom told me to get rid of my beard before I come to Egypt with Mojito because people might think I sympathize with the brotherhood and she was dead serious. I find it hilarious.
Any chance of growing a wicked handlebar mustache before the trip?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo

Post by Mo » 16 Dec 2014, 15:27

I hate letting my mustache get too long because then it tickles my nostrils in the middle of the night and wakes me up.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Dec 2014, 15:38

I get similar issues, plus I hate whiskers in my mouth, so even if I wanted to, there would be no elaborate mustache for me, either. I occasionally shave my beard, and when I do I spend about an hour with a mustache-only just to mess with my wife, but the first time I go near a mirror, it goes on the chopping block.

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

JD

Post by JD » 16 Dec 2014, 15:52

Mine doesn't tickle my nose, but it does get in my mouth if I let it get too long. I try and solve that through a combination of trimming it and combing it to the side.

On a related note, I've realize I could totally rock the Dr. Venture look:

"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Highway

Post by Highway » 16 Dec 2014, 16:15

It's past time to trim my beard and mustache when the mustache starts to get in my mouth. That's just "no thanks."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 16 Dec 2014, 16:21

Highway wrote:It's past time to trim my beard and mustache when the mustache starts to get in my mouth. That's just "no thanks."
+1.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 16 Dec 2014, 18:02

So I keep my face pretty clean-shaven, but I do want to contribute to the "mustache in your mouth" conversation. My facial hair grows pretty fast and stiff, and it's really easy to miss some of the bits at the corner of my mouth. And then I can't focus all day because I have these little hairs jabbing into my lips every time I do anything.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Dec 2014, 18:21

Jadagul wrote:So I keep my face pretty clean-shaven, but I do want to contribute to the "mustache in your mouth" conversation. My facial hair grows pretty fast and stiff, and it's really easy to miss some of the bits at the corner of my mouth. And then I can't focus all day because I have these little hairs jabbing into my lips every time I do anything.
I have felt your pain. The beard actually partially solved that, at least when my trimming is done well.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 16 Dec 2014, 18:22

lunchstealer wrote:
Jadagul wrote:So I keep my face pretty clean-shaven, but I do want to contribute to the "mustache in your mouth" conversation. My facial hair grows pretty fast and stiff, and it's really easy to miss some of the bits at the corner of my mouth. And then I can't focus all day because I have these little hairs jabbing into my lips every time I do anything.
I have felt your pain. The beard actually partially solved that, at least when my trimming is done well.
Yeah, if I let it grow out a few days then it's way softer and less likely to poke me. I just don't like having a beard. (Partly more effort to maintain, partly itchy, partly just not part of my self-image).

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Dec 2014, 20:51

Total bullshit. You are making shit up to join the conversation.

It takes weeks to grow hairs into any part of one's mouth.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 16 Dec 2014, 20:57

dbcooper wrote:
Total bullshit. You are making shit up to join the conversation.

It takes weeks to grow hairs into any part of one's mouth.
Not into my mouth, like, dangling in there. But they grow on the corner of my lip, right on what I'd consider the boundary between "the outside of my mouth" and "the inside of my mouth," and they jab up into my lip and it's really annoying.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Dec 2014, 20:58

Lier.

Mo

Post by Mo » 16 Dec 2014, 21:01

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 16 Dec 2014, 21:01

Oh I'm so virile that my stubble grows centimeters long in just a few days! I'm ever so honest and ever so truthful!

Aren't you old enough to stop making things up? It's a revolting habit.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 16 Dec 2014, 21:23

Jadagul's thing happens to me, too. If I miss the corners of my mouth when I shave the little hairs there bug the crap out of me all day. I don't know if "growing into my mouth" is the right way to explain it. More that they create friction when I move my mouth, and I cannot resist worrying them with my tongue.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 16 Dec 2014, 21:41

Hugh Akston wrote:Jadagul's thing happens to me, too. If I miss the corners of my mouth when I shave the little hairs there bug the crap out of me all day. I don't know if "growing into my mouth" is the right way to explain it. More that they create friction when I move my mouth, and I cannot resist worrying them with my tongue.
Yeah, that's probably a better description. Fucking annoying.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Dec 2014, 23:53

I just dabbed my trimmer at the corners of my mouth to prevent that, when I had a beard.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 17 Dec 2014, 02:00

dbcooper wrote:Lier.
Dude speaks truth. In my shaving days, the corners of my mouth were annoying to shave, and even more annoying to have missed, because stubble there totally irritates the lips and/or tongue from time to time.

Maybe it's not an issue in New Zealand because your beards grow in upside down? :ugeek:

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 17 Dec 2014, 09:19

I am a bad person. That was very rude, asshole behaviour. My apologies. Also, fuck winter.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 17 Dec 2014, 09:28

If it's only a few hairs, which you consistently miss while dragging a razor over that area, have you considered plucking those few hairs with tweezers?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 17 Dec 2014, 16:58

Jennifer wrote:
If it's only a few hairs, which you consistently miss while dragging a razor over that area, have you considered plucking those few hairs with tweezers?
I hadn't ever considered that, actually. Probably not worth it, because I don't consistently miss them--just once every couple of weeks. How much slower does tweezed hair grow back?

pistoffnick

Post by pistoffnick » 04 Mar 2015, 20:26

Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 04 Mar 2015, 21:09

Looking good, Nick!

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 07 Apr 2015, 17:46

Number 6 wrote:
the innominate one wrote:Thanks. I was thinking of getting a vasectomy at some point in the future, but I couldn't conceive of shaving myself. Was thinking of waxing, a la The Forty Year Old Virgin. Less hair, though.
They will shave you. They being the surgical crew. I didn't do anything apart from regular grooming before my hernia repair a few months ago, since I knew they would shave before the surgery regardless. It's like getting your hair cut before boot camp; you're still going to have a date with the clippers.
Having said that, I will provide one caveat: they only shave around the incision area. Hence, if the incision is only on one side, you can end up looking a bit lopsided. 'Nuff said.
I'm expected to shave myself. They will do it if I show up unshaven, but they were quite clear that I should do it before arriving. Also, the nurse/ technician / nursing assistant / whatever was annoyingly bad at explaining and listening.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

pistoffnick

Post by pistoffnick » 07 Apr 2015, 20:34

Invest in a bag of frozen peas for after.

/the reduced-calorie salad dressing club
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus