What are you doing this weekend?

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
D.A. Ridgely

Re: What are you doing this weekend?

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 06 Mar 2017, 13:04

Jennifer wrote:Packing to move. Ugh.
Did I miss something? Are you moving to better digs or out of the area in fear of another impending Georgia summer?

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Mar 2017, 14:56

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Did I miss something?
Probably the date on the post -- that complaint is from last July. Jeff and I are still here, and bracing ourselves for what will surely be another overheated overlong summer.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 06 Mar 2017, 15:07

Jennifer wrote:
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Did I miss something?
Probably the date on the post -- that complaint is from last July. Jeff and I are still here, and bracing ourselves for what will surely be another overheated overlong summer.
Well, yes, that would explain it. Not that, as long as I've known you, you haven't kvetched about wherever you were living, but I was presuming maybe you'd found a better place in the Atlanta area.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Mar 2017, 15:17

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Did I miss something?
Well, yes, that would explain it. Not that, as long as I've known you, you haven't kvetched about wherever you were living, but I was presuming maybe you'd found a better place in the Atlanta area.
We haven't even been looking (except for my occasional strolls through house-for-sale listings, trying to figure out which currently sketchy Atlanta neighborhood will likely be the next one to gentrify). Despite the scary-neighborhood warnings we got when we first moved here, we haven't had any problems at all.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 06 Mar 2017, 23:44

pistoffnick wrote:I helped move my wife's Uncle and Aunt into their elderly living apartment on Saturday. Uncle Fred was probably one of the smartest people I have ever known. Sadly, the Alzheimer's has made him flicker in and out. Mostly out. He has also lost a lot of weight (6'-1" and 130 lbs)

He has an appointment to visit the hospice home today. Sad.

Damn, that sucks.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 06 Nov 2017, 10:37

Last night we had a nice couple and their kids over for Guy Fawkes Day dinner. The food I cooked was gross but oh well, there were enough potato chips so no one had to go hungry. We made a fire in the fire pit and had s'mores, then burned Donald Trump and Joe Arapio [sic, my mistake] in effigy.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Nov 2017, 15:53

Ellie wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 10:37
Last night we had a nice couple and their kids over for Guy Fawkes Day dinner. The food I cooked was gross but oh well, there were enough potato chips so no one had to go hungry. We made a fire in the fire pit and had s'mores, then burned Donald Trump and Joe Arapio [sic, my mistake] in effigy.
Why you cook gross food for guests?
Gentrification is undocumented immigration for the left-leaning. - Shem

Highway

Post by Highway » 06 Nov 2017, 16:29

Warren wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 15:53
Ellie wrote:
Maybe she took all the ideas we had and mangled them together, and it didn't turn out well...
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 06 Nov 2017, 16:36

Warren wrote:
Ellie wrote:
She needed to use her gunpowder pot.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Nov 2017, 18:27

Kolohe wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 16:36
Warren wrote:
Ellie wrote:
She needed to use her gunpowder pot.
Engender engender the puns of November.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Feb 2018, 22:35

Drinking Yellow Tail merlot from the bottle, eating banana "nice" cream*, and waiting for my Benadryl to kick in so I can go to sleep.

hashtag party hard

* Freeze and then blend bananas and they turn into a creamier-than-ice-cream dessert. It's one of my favorite foods but it has the stupidest fucking name.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Feb 2018, 22:43

Ellie wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:35
Drinking Yellow Tail merlot from the bottle, eating banana "nice" cream*, and waiting for my Benadryl to kick in so I can go to sleep.

hashtag party hard

* Freeze and then blend bananas and they turn into a creamier-than-ice-cream dessert. It's one of my favorite foods but it has the stupidest fucking name.
Living the dream.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 10 Feb 2018, 23:12

Applying for jobs in case the weirdness at work gets weirder. Or downright malicious.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Feb 2018, 23:32

I'm applying for jobs and farting around on the internet while Jeff is at work. Also hard-boiled some eggs with which to make potato salad.