What are you doing this weekend?

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

What are you doing this weekend?

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2011, 15:11

C'mon. Let's dish. What crazy contrarian adventures are you setting off on when the clock hits 5 pm?
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

dbcooper

Re: What are you doing this weekend?

Post by dbcooper » 07 Oct 2011, 15:17

Yelling "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave" and "black! black! black! black!" at a TV screen in the Pakenham Arms pub. And drinking beer, and maybe going to see Kill List.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1788391/
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dhex

Post by dhex » 07 Oct 2011, 15:18

freelance meeting that i hope will drum up a whole new sideline for me, then childcare, then childcare, then childcare, then boxing and throwing out books in anticipation of move, then childcare, then childcare, then childcare. and probably some work.
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db

Highway

Post by Highway » 07 Oct 2011, 15:24

Well, I'll probably find out from the wife what part of the house we're going to work on cleaning out / straightening / revising. Maybe the file cabinet, maybe the garage, maybe my office closet.

Other activities this weekend will be: Watching football, Watching the Japanese Grand Prix and Seb Vettel wrapping up the Driver's Championship, Watching football, Playing F1 2010 a little, and who knows what else.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Oct 2011, 15:42

My weekend is Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is actually my Monday. Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda . . .
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 07 Oct 2011, 15:43

I hate holiday weekends with a passion.

Sleep, reading, and getting mad on Monday when I realize that public transportation is on a holiday schedule.
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 07 Oct 2011, 15:44

Finishing the chicken coop, getting birds, maybe helping to slaughter the neighbors pig if they didn't get to it today.
I need to change out the O2 sensor on the the truck and if time permits starting a batch of Rhubarb wine and batch of this.

Yay for the weekend?
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Oct 2011, 15:47

Same thing I do every day Pinky; writing cover letters, reading, working on my creative projects, playing vidya games, and maybe doing some cleaning on Saturday.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2011, 15:59

Rachel wrote:I hate holiday weekends with a passion.

Sleep, reading, and getting mad on Monday when I realize that public transportation is on a holiday schedule.
Columbus Day is a "real" holiday out there? DC be crazy, man.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Oct 2011, 16:09

Hugh Akston wrote:Same thing I do every day Pinky; writing cover letters, reading, working on my creative projects, playing vidya games, and maybe doing some cleaning on Saturday.
*cough* Battlefield 3 beta *cough*
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 07 Oct 2011, 16:19

Ellie wrote:

It's more that Columbus Day is a 'government' office holiday, but not even a school holiday. Our state agency clients have the day off. We have joked that they have a day off every time there is more text than just a number in the calendar box.

"Hey, it's New Moon / First Day of Fall / Mother-In-Law's Day Holiday! Enjoy your day off!"
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 07 Oct 2011, 16:24

Highway wrote:
Ellie wrote:

It's more that Columbus Day is a 'government' office holiday, but not even a school holiday.
Seriously, what is with that? My wife is off work (she's a state auditor who cracks down on fraud, so she's one of the good guys*), but I have to go to (state run) school. Are OSU employees not state employees or something? So strange.

Anyway, we're having a small gathering at one of my favorite restaurants that specializes in wine (retail purchase + 5.00 corking fee FTW) in celebration of my 28 revolutions around Terra.

* - this is what I tell myself when I have trouble sleeping, anyway :P
Last edited by Ayn_Randian on 07 Oct 2011, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 07 Oct 2011, 16:27

Ellie wrote:

Not that I have a job to commute to, so I technically shouldn't complain. Last year though, I was waiting with a very long line of people for a bus to show up, and we were all like "WTF is going on?!?' When i got to work someone else mentioned their commute had been screwed by the holiday schedule, especially since it seemed as if no one had the holiday off.
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 07 Oct 2011, 16:35

Columbus day is strange. It's the one day when banks aren't open but the markets are. We get every market holiday off, but we can't receive funds on Monday because banks don't move money and you can't clear accounts and checks.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 07 Oct 2011, 16:59

Going shopping for the furniture I need to round out the new apartment. Throwing a housewarming/birthday party. Dancing entirely too much on Sunday.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Oct 2011, 17:02

Pham Nuwen wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:Same thing I do every day Pinky; writing cover letters, reading, working on my creative projects, playing vidya games, and maybe doing some cleaning on Saturday.
Oh man, the only thing I hate more than those multiplayer online arena/shooting games are fighting games. The exception to these rules is GoldenEye and Super Smash Bros. for N64.

No, I shall be violating California Penal Code Section 487(d)(1), electronically, of course.

Also, you should get that cough looked at.

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Oct 2011, 17:19

Oh man is this weekend going to be sweet. I'm living in Corning but my friends all live in Rochester, which is a hundred miles of tree covered hills away. The weather is going to be FUCKING GORGEOUS. Two loads of laundry and I'm hitting the open road, cranking the tunes, and regulating I-86 commerce. Then I'm hangin with my bros. The only thing that could possibly make this weekend any better is a BJ.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 07 Oct 2011, 17:19

I'm going to be going into the nice large house the local judge lives in on my block and tell him I claim the house in the name of my country, and since he's just wandering around the house without a permanent place, he can stay in his bedroom from now on. And if he gets uppity I'll force march him and stick him in a closet with a bunch of cheap booze, then complain about how drunk and stinky judges are.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Herr Kant

Post by Herr Kant » 07 Oct 2011, 17:25

Hugh Akston wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Oh man, the only thing I hate more than those multiplayer online arena/shooting games are fighting games. The exception to these rules is GoldenEye and Super Smash Bros. for N64.

No, I shall be violating California Penal Code Section 487(d)(1), electronically, of course.

Also, you should get that cough looked at.
Hard to argue with GoldenEye and SSB :wub:

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Oct 2011, 17:30

Have not decided between going to Providence for their WaterFire festival, or to the little town of Bethlehem (Connecticut) for a garlic festival. WaterFIre has the advantage of being way cooler; garlicfest the advantage of being way closer and muy cheaper.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Oct 2011, 17:34

Jennifer wrote:Have not decided between going to Providence for their WaterFire festival, or to the little town of Bethlehem (Connecticut) for a garlic festival. WaterFIre has the advantage of being way cooler; garlicfest the advantage of being way closer and muy cheaper.
Also, garlic.

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 07 Oct 2011, 17:57

Hugh Akston wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Have not decided between going to Providence for their WaterFire festival, or to the little town of Bethlehem (Connecticut) for a garlic festival. WaterFIre has the advantage of being way cooler; garlicfest the advantage of being way closer and muy cheaper.
Also, garlic.
+1
Also, less chance of being bitten by a vampire. Gotta cover bases you know.
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 07 Oct 2011, 20:25

I'm going to be selling some household clutter from two different households at a community yard sale on Sat morning.

(If you really wanna hate, some gov employees got today off, too)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 07 Oct 2011, 21:46

Highway wrote:...Playing F1 2010 a little, and who knows what else.
I now loathe my pit crew's strategy, which brings me in for tires before everyone else, and hate the Circuit de Catalunya, specifically the last chicane.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 07 Oct 2011, 22:21

Your mom.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex