You Learn Something New Every Day

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JasonL

Re: You Learn Something New Every Day

Post by JasonL » 09 Jan 2018, 15:43

I understand that it's a thing. I don't think pb is a great implementation in most cases. Give me textural contrast like choco covered nuts.

My wife is obsessed with sweet salty and has adopted the freaky habit of grapes and pretzels together in volume.

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 09 Jan 2018, 15:45

dhex wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 14:57
jerking off on stuff is a typical thing when you want to energize shit to mess with others.

maybe weinstein was a shaman who was trying to get ferns to uh do...stuff?
Send them after his enemies? Do we have Hollywood deaths reported of being choked out by an amorous shrubbery?
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Highway

Post by Highway » 09 Jan 2018, 16:22

JasonL wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 15:43
I understand that it's a thing. I don't think pb is a great implementation in most cases. Give me textural contrast like choco covered nuts.

My wife is obsessed with sweet salty and has adopted the freaky habit of grapes and pretzels together in volume.
Congratulations, Jason! When's the little one due? ;)
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 09 Jan 2018, 16:25

Highway wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 16:22
JasonL wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 15:43

Congratulations, Jason! When's the little one due? ;)
Based on the timing of the habit, mumble mumble, carry the 1, ... 2 years ago.

dhex

Post by dhex » 09 Jan 2018, 16:34

tr0g wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 15:45
dhex wrote:
jerking off on stuff is a typical thing when you want to energize shit to mess with others.

maybe weinstein was a shaman who was trying to get ferns to uh do...stuff?
Send them after his enemies? Do we have Hollywood deaths reported of being choked out by an amorous shrubbery?
he might have just been a fernosexual with some kind of voyeuristic fetish thing going on. and also a rapist, but of both people and plants.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 09 Jan 2018, 22:08

dhex wrote:
Between this and the nature of money, dhex knows his magic.

In case of tupilaq, stand behind him.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 10 Jan 2018, 07:35

JasonL wrote:Dessert pb is overrated by the masses. PBJ sure. PB on a spoon i'm down. PB icecream, candy, cookies etc? Meh. What other flavors do we have. Can't be in the top 10 of common cookie types.
Qfmft

Although I think in my case it is a matter of supertasting pb. If there’s peanut butter within nose shot of me, eating chocolate or vanilla will create a combined taste in my mouth that is a lot like shit smells. True of all peanuts, really. I made no bake cookies while the snack grunt was in town on Xmas leave. Tried to eat a puff pastry with a vanilla filling and it was ruined. Just from being in the kitchen with cookies that contained pb.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 11 Jan 2018, 12:31

LOL about the Skittles thing.

A friend of mine was so excited that they were bringing back the lime-flavored green ones, that he went and ordered three or four dozen bags. But he misread the size/weight and ended up with 42 lbs. of 'em.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 11 Jan 2018, 12:33

As recently as 2017, the US government was paying out a pension to the dependent of a Civil War vet.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... shot-fired
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 11 Jan 2018, 12:57

thoreau wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 12:33
As recently as 2017, the US government was paying out a pension to the dependent of a Civil War vet.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... shot-fired
President Tyler has two living grandchildren.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 11 Jan 2018, 18:08

Jasper wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 12:31

A friend of mine was so excited that they were bringing back the lime-flavored green ones, that he went and ordered three or four dozen bags. But he misread the size/weight and ended up with 42 lbs. of 'em.
Didn't he find the price a little expensive when he made the order?

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 11 Jan 2018, 18:21

Jasper wrote:

Be crushed by the rainbow.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 12 Jan 2018, 13:06

Painboy wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 18:08
Jasper wrote:

Didn't he find the price a little expensive when he made the order?
I think he was so happy to finally find them online, he didn't blink at the price.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 22 Jan 2018, 20:29

Rockwell's picture of Rosie the Riveter references the pose from Michelangelo's portrait of Isaiah on the ceiling of the SIstine Chapel:

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Jan 2018, 17:09

ZZ Top was born out of the ashes of one of two Zombies impersonator bands touring the United States two years after the original Zombies broke up.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian » 27 Jan 2018, 18:39

Warren wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 17:09
ZZ Top was born out of the ashes of one of two Zombies impersonator bands touring the United States two years after the original Zombies broke up.
I suspect Billy Gibbons, Dan Mitchell, and Lanier Grieg might take issue with your statement.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Jan 2018, 18:48

Solitudinarian wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 18:39
Warren wrote:
I suspect Billy Gibbons, Dan Mitchell, and Lanier Grieg might take issue with your statement.
It's a Frank and Dusty story.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian » 27 Jan 2018, 19:28

Warren wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 18:48
Solitudinarian wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 18:39
Warren wrote:
It's a Frank and Dusty story.
The article? Sure. But ZZ Top is properly described as being born out the ashes of Moving Sidewalks.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 27 Jan 2018, 20:25

TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 27 Jan 2018, 22:09

the innominate one wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 20:25
TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum.
If people evolved from monkeys then how come monkeys still exist, huh? Checkmate, Darwinists!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 27 Jan 2018, 23:24

Jennifer wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 22:09
If people evolved from monkeys then how come monkeys still exist, huh? Checkmate, Darwinists!
If birds evolved from dinosaurs, how come there are still dino....

Oh, wait....
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 27 Jan 2018, 23:40

I keep that in my pocket for “if the alt right evolved from libertarians ...”

Jake

Post by Jake » 28 Jan 2018, 03:25

I loved this so much I tried to make it my sig, but it sadly has too many characters to fit in the sig space.

Still, if it really is the thought that counts... SIGGED!
"TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum." -- TIO

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 28 Jan 2018, 11:17

Jake wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 03:25
I loved this so much I tried to make it my sig, but it sadly has too many characters to fit in the sig space.
I updated that setting; try it now!
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Jake

Post by Jake » 28 Jan 2018, 11:27

Ellie wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 11:17
I updated that setting; try it now!
It works! Thanks, Ellie! :)
"TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum." -- TIO