Of course I've got a blog. Who doesn't?

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Eric the .5b

Re: Of course I've got a blog. Who doesn't?

Post by Eric the .5b » 17 Apr 2019, 20:19

It's stupid, but I think it's a stupid lack of hypocrisy. They want to vastly increase the power of government without lying about it like the Reds, and they have real cognitive dissonance with the fact that Reds are and will be in power.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 17 Apr 2019, 20:26

Eric the .5b wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 20:19
It's stupid, but I think it's a stupid lack of hypocrisy. They want to vastly increase the power of government without lying about it like the Reds, and they have real cognitive dissonance with the fact that Reds are and will be in power.
Except, "hypocrisy" is not le mot juste for whatever the hell it is they lack. Hypocrisy, arguably, is stuff like "Make allowances for people you like, but not for those you don't." Adultery from members of your party is destroying America, whereas adultery from members of my party is a personal issue and nobody else's business. My party can be trusted with this power because we're good, whereas your party can't be trusted with this power because you're bad. That's hypocrisy. But "Your party is bad, and doing bad things, so have more power to do bad with" ... it's some type of fuckuppery, but I don't think it's hypocrisy.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 17 Apr 2019, 20:30

Jennifer wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 20:26
Except, "hypocrisy" is not le mot juste for whatever the hell it is they lack.
Agreed. I only mentioned it because you used the word in the title.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.