I don't wanna see that!!!!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
dead_elvis

Re: I don't wanna see that!!!!

Post by dead_elvis » 20 Jan 2019, 19:44

"The Kid Who Would Be King": Just the title evokes all kinds of delicious possibilities (For example: overly patriotic kids sign up for military at age 15, gets separated from their unit in Afghanistan, hilarity ensues. Or, kids from Afghanistan brought to the UK after saving the lives of a bunch of soldiers, and find that they are able to bamboozle their way to powerful positions by exploiting the shallow ignorant sort of multiculturalism many people practice using tokens of Afghan and middle eastern culture). But they're going with Arthur instead of Kipling? Fuck that waste of a good title and satiric opportunity.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Feb 2019, 15:03

Amazon sprung a trailer for The ABC Murders on me. John Malkovich as Poirot? What the actual fucking fuck? His accent is dinner-theater terrible, by the way.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Feb 2019, 17:42

Ellie wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 15:03
Amazon sprung a trailer for The ABC Murders on me. John Malkovich as Poirot? What the actual fucking fuck? His accent is dinner-theater terrible, by the way.
The greatest piece of film criticism ever uttered was by Lindsay Ellis when she described John Malkovich's acting style as: A dissatisfied Olive Garden customer
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 11 Mar 2019, 14:58

We saw this trailer before the Lego Movie 2 and it depresses me. Everyone is trying SO HARD and it's SO POINTLESS.

We also saw a trailer for a horrible-looking Christian movie (but I repeat myself) about a kid who falls through the ice and now I have a bet going with David about how long until we see his brother-in-law posting about going to see it, and if the praying hands emoji will be involved. :lol:
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Mar 2019, 16:19

Ellie wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:58
We saw this trailer before the Lego Movie 2 and it depresses me. Everyone is trying SO HARD and it's SO POINTLESS.

We also saw a trailer for a horrible-looking Christian movie (but I repeat myself) about a kid who falls through the ice and now I have a bet going with David about how long until we see his brother-in-law posting about going to see it, and if the praying hands emoji will be involved. :lol:
Wonder Park looks lame.
But check out this gem YooToob recommended after I watched that trailer.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT