Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: Twitter!

Post by lunchstealer »

TBF that movie is actually a fucking mess in every version
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Warren

Post by Warren »

Can I buy a vowel?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren wrote: 06 Aug 2020, 19:47 Can I buy a vowel?
Every version of Blade Runner is almost good but none of them are.

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Paging Dr. T.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Tom Bombadil was an essential bridge between The Hobbit and LotR, as the characters went from the child-like wonder of the Hobbit to the dark and high-stakes conflict of LotR. Just as The Scouring of the Shire was essential for the characters' homecoming.

If Peter Jackson had done things right, he would have made 4 movies, the first would have been called The Hobbit, it would NOT have had Radagast on a rabbit-drawn sled, the second movie would have had Tom Bombadil, the third movie would NOT have had an Elven army at Helm's Deep, Faramir would NOT have tried to take the Ring, and the fourth movie would have had The Scouring of the Shire.

(Yes, yes, I know, PJ didn't have the rights to the Hobbit at the time. I'm saying what the ideal would be.)
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

thoreau wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 15:39 Tom Bombadil was an essential bridge between The Hobbit and LotR, as the characters went from the child-like wonder of the Hobbit to the dark and high-stakes conflict of LotR. Just as The Scouring of the Shire was essential for the characters' homecoming.

If Peter Jackson had done things right, he would have made 4 movies, the first would have been called The Hobbit, it would NOT have had Radagast on a rabbit-drawn sled, the second movie would have had Tom Bombadil, the third movie would NOT have had an Elven army at Helm's Deep, Faramir would NOT have tried to take the Ring, and the fourth movie would have had The Scouring of the Shire.

(Yes, yes, I know, PJ didn't have the rights to the Hobbit at the time. I'm saying what the ideal would be.)
My most recent reading made much more of his bit, and it felt pretty sinister instead of childish.

My ideal Jackson would just not have had Legolas's character pander to the X-Games generation and Gimli wouldn't have been comic relief.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

lunchstealer wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 15:56
thoreau wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 15:39 Tom Bombadil was an essential bridge between The Hobbit and LotR, as the characters went from the child-like wonder of the Hobbit to the dark and high-stakes conflict of LotR. Just as The Scouring of the Shire was essential for the characters' homecoming.

My most recent reading made much more of his bit, and it felt pretty sinister instead of childish.

My ideal Jackson would just not have had Legolas's character pander to the X-Games generation and Gimli wouldn't have been comic relief.
To this day I can't read those names without thinking of the Lampoon's "Bored of the Rings" characters Legolam and Gimlit.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

D.A. Ridgely wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 17:10
lunchstealer wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 15:56

To this day I can't read those names without thinking of the Lampoon's "Bored of the Rings" characters Legolam and Gimlit.
I sometimes lament that my childhood came after Lampoon's heyday. Or maybe that it just never penetrated to easily-countable-stoplight-town South Carolina.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

I miss 2016, when they said that a Clinton win would out a taco truck on every corner. Were it not for Russian hackers I'd have a taco truck across the street right now :(
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren

Post by Warren »

James Woods?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Warren wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:42James Woods?
Waist deep and upside down in the Team Orange fever swamps.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Warren

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:50
Warren wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:42James Woods?
Waist deep and upside down in the Team Orange fever swamps.
ah
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I'm still cracking up at this over a week later.

"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
Highway

Post by Highway »

Thread

What happens when you screw up buying in bulk.

"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

HAHAHA I was coming into this thread to link the exact same story!
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Screenshot_20200908-081053_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200908-081053_Twitter.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 473 times
:? :lol:
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
Warren

Post by Warren »

:lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Kolohe wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 08:13 Screenshot_20200908-081053_Twitter.jpg

:? :lol:
I'd get a restraining order.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Sound on...

Also this is why we gotta keep letting the ChiComs spy on us with their appspionage.

(hat tip ellie)

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

lunchstealer wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 22:11 Sound on...

Also this is why we gotta keep letting the ChiComs spy on us with their appspionage.

(hat tip ellie)
That is hilarious.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex