Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: Twitter!

Post by lunchstealer »

Hugh Akston wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 20:34
Because I'm an awful person, I could spend the rest of my life scrolling through the #dollypartonchallenge memes
OK this one's pretty good - could crosspost in shamelessly currying favor I suspect.

MalDollyPartonChallengeWeCanGetBehind.jpg
MalDollyPartonChallengeWeCanGetBehind.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 845 times
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Perfect
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

nicole wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 14:36
every innumerate is a policy failure

What’s the Venn overlap between innumerate and “you aren’t smart enough to understand MMT”.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Freedman did my TA training. I cried tears of joy when it was over.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

I was wondering if you knew him, but didn't want to ask in the clear.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

I mean, I knew the guy was fundamentally a political idiot when I read a comic he wore where a newly-elected president Saved America With Common Sense Programs that he passed by blackmailing both houses of Congress over the embarrassing truth of the JFK assassination. Set in the late 1990s.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

nicole

Post by nicole »

astrology.png
astrology.png (51.59 KiB) Viewed 685 times
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

"I've studied under a master phrenologist for more than a decade so please don't bore me with your ignorant mansplaining."

Also, does anyone actually have a PhD in astrology?
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

nicole

Post by nicole »

This is literally the most wrong thing I’ve ever seen anyone post and I’m going to need Mo, JD, dhex and Rachel to hold me back

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Highway

Post by Highway »

So putting aside this being another of those "oh, no food is ever as good as NYC food" things, what is a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich supposed to be in NYC?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I'm too tired to actually go looking for it but I would enjoy reading Vegan Twitter's response to AOC's lament. It would be a buffet of insufferable-ness :lol:
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo »

Highway wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 09:14
So putting aside this being another of those "oh, no food is ever as good as NYC food" things, what is a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich supposed to be in NYC?
Bacon, egg and (American) cheeses are typically served on a kaiser roll by a food cart cooked on a hot griddle with way too much cooking spray and are enhanced with hot sauce. Though I prefer them on sesame bagel.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole »

I mean I can’t explain why you can’t get the right kind of roll elsewhere or what’s so hard about any of it. And yet.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

We won't truly be living in an age of decadence until people who express strong opinions about regional street food are captured and forced to fight to the death on live TV, Running Man style.

Highway

Post by Highway »

Mo wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 09:28
Highway wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 09:14
Bacon, egg and (American) cheeses are typically served on a kaiser roll by a food cart cooked on a hot griddle with way too much cooking spray and are enhanced with hot sauce. Though I prefer them on sesame bagel.
I like bagels (and we do have "real" water bagels here, especially in my area of Baltimore), but find that they aren't really suitable for sandwiches with any softness or squishiness to them at all. The bagels are just too tough to bite through without squooshing out all your sandwich insides.

I actually don't know any great places to get a Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwich. McDonald's biscuits are just ok, and not as good as Egg Mcmuffins. Dunkin uses pre-cooked eggs that they stick in a speed oven, so they're nothing that could be called 'great'. The place up the street from my work makes a great egg grilled cheese, and you can get it with bacon, although I prefer the ham. And I really do like Chick-Fil-A's chicken egg and cheese biscuits.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

You have to be straight at the top.

If you're not, the bottom will never be straight

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Kolohe wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 18:29

You have to be straight at the top.

If you're not, the bottom will never be straight
So is he straight or gay? Kinda looks like a leather-and-chains type to me.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole »

How is this just another thing to add to the list of gender-swapped roles in my marriage

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

When I worked in Newtown, Connecticut (which later became notorious as the site of the Sandy Hook school shooting), there was a place in town, super-close to where I worked, that sold unbelievably delicious bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, for only a dollar apiece. I don't know what it was that made those sandwiches taste so much better than just the sum total of those flavors, but I wish I could have one right now.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Is Twitter really like 90% furries, or did I just friend a furry early on and end up getting dragged into that corner of the Twitterverse before I got to see any of the rest of it?

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

They're very nice people and I enjoy their tweets but my goodness, so many weird doodles on my feed every day

nicole

Post by nicole »

Ellie wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:47
Is Twitter really like 90% furries, or did I just friend a furry early on and end up getting dragged into that corner of the Twitterverse before I got to see any of the rest of it?
Yeah, it's the latter, although it is probably more furry than genpop

Warren

Post by Warren »

I have Tweeter but I almost never twit, and I don't follow anybody.
I sometimes read twat threads if someone links to one.
I can't recall ever encountering furries on Twister.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Ellie wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:47
Probably. I get almost no furry art, myself. Some cheesecake and fan art from the likes of people I follow.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.