Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Eric the .5b

Re: Twitter!

Post by Eric the .5b »

dhex wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 20:26
it's like putting neon lights and a huge spoiler on a maserati.
Eh, more like a novelty paint job. Which I'm sure someone's done to a Maserati. I mean, there's a Maserati Ghibli; that's just begging for some rich Miyazaki fan to do something with it.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Warren

Post by Warren »

dhex wrote:

also what is a "toastie" outside of a uk term for grilled cheese because nothing is ever good enough for those cunts.
I'm going with
Urban Dictionary wrote:2
Toastie

The noise made when you uppercut someone in Mortal Kombat.
Subzero just uppercut Raiden! Toastie!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I want to live in a world where those are not things but I know I don't live in that world.

nicole

Post by nicole »

dhex wrote:

also what is a "toastie" outside of a uk term for grilled cheese because nothing is ever good enough for those cunts.
Someone who was into The Toast, bro. Acolytes of Nicole Cliffe.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

nicole wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 11:45
dhex wrote:

According to Wikipedia, "The Toast was an American anthology, humor and feminist writing website," which may be the first time anyone has ever written the phrase "humor and feminist writing website."

dhex

Post by dhex »

nicole wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 11:45
dhex wrote:

Aaahhhhh.

Oh. Huh.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

nicole

Post by nicole »

excuse me but if you do not put the divider down you are a fucking monster and this is why i'm not allowed to go to the grocery store anymore

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I think I saw a grocery divider in the new Wonder Woman trailer. Man that took me back.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

nicole

Post by nicole »

Hugh Akston wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:50
I think I saw a grocery divider in the new Wonder Woman trailer. Man that took me back.
What do you do, just stand there until the person before you is fully checked out?

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

nicole wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:56
Hugh Akston wrote:
What do you do, just stand there until the person before you is fully checked out?
Self-check son
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JD

Post by JD »

Hugh Akston wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 17:01
nicole wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:56
Hugh Akston wrote:
Self-check son
For some reason we have those around here for hardware stores but not supermarkets. I'm not a big fan of them anyway. Every time I try and use one it's a sequence of oops! this item doesn't scan properly! oops! this item is over-18-only so a staffer has to come approve it! oops! the register insists you haven't bagged this item! etc. etc.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

dhex

Post by dhex »

nicole wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 16:42
excuse me but if you do not put the divider down you are a fucking monster and this is why i'm not allowed to go to the grocery store anymore

Who the fuck wouldn't use a divider if you weren't self checking? Where do these assholes live?
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

I'll admit to being about 50:50 on divider use.

If I'm behind someone, I'll usually just leave like a foot or so between our items so there's a clear delineation. The only time I think to put one down behind me is if the person has a super-full cart and/or small kids.

I also tend to Tetris all my stuff on the conveyor so it takes up minimal space. Folks that put one thing after another so it looks like an assembly line are terrible.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole »

Jasper wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 07:55
I'll admit to being about 50:50 on divider use.

If I'm behind someone, I'll usually just leave like a foot or so between our items so there's a clear delineation. The only time I think to put one down behind me is if the person has a super-full cart and/or small kids.

I also tend to Tetris all my stuff on the conveyor so it takes up minimal space. Folks that put one thing after another so it looks like an assembly line are terrible.
I also Tetris all my stuff, but it’s part of the overall process of maximizing efficiency so as many people as possible can put their groceries on the belt. (Ideally, I want three customers with stuff on the belt at all times, for conditions where and when I shop.) Especially because I usually use a basket, so not being able to load the belt means having to carry the basket longer.

Highway

Post by Highway »

I'm not going to put a divider down behind my stuff. You want to keep your stuff from mingling with mine, you put the divider down behind me. I tend to use my shopping box as the divider in front of my stuff, it's super obvious.

And the belt would need to be like 15 feet long to have 3 people's stuff on it at our suburban stores, since person plus cart is 6 feet long anyway.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

nicole

Post by nicole »

Yeah I mean I don't think anyone has to put it down behind them. You put it down in front of you and the next person puts it down in front of them.

(ETA also I would never get in line behind someone with a full-size cart, or if I did I would expect their groceries to take up the whole belt anyway.)

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Team Divider!

Also was this a real problem?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader »

I'm pro-self check but if I'm using WIC I have to go through a checkout line. Team Divider, and Team Tetris, and Team "you put it in front of your own groceries," and Team "this is absolutely something worth getting mad over, if people are Doing It Wrong."
Remember, remember

JD

Post by JD »

Masked Grylliader wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 09:28
I'm pro-self check but if I'm using WIC I have to go through a checkout line. Team Divider, and Team Tetris, and Team "you put it in front of your own groceries," and Team "this is absolutely something worth getting mad over, if people are Doing It Wrong."
I assume this is Ellie, but it amuses me to think instead that some Grylliader considered this to be such a dark and shameful thing that they had to post it under the veil of anonymity.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Eh, I place it behind me if I'm done loading the conveyor, there's room behind me, and the person behind me can't reasonably reach it because the cashier didn't slide it/them down to the end.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

JD

Post by JD »

I will place the divider behind me simply because I don't want that grubby prole's items near mine clarity is a virtue, and it's just easier if I don't have to stop the cashier from grabbing an item that they assumed was one of mine.

nicole

Post by nicole »

(I also often put it down behind me or at least slide it down to the next person)

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader »

What is "based" in this context?

-Ellie
Remember, remember

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Masked Grylliader wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:23
What is "based" in this context?

-Ellie
Like redpilled, or dgaf about being pc or conformist/liberal etc. "Redpilled trad wife" ...
Slip inside a sleeping bag.