Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
D.A. Ridgely
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Twitter!

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 27 Nov 2019, 16:18

Jadagul wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 15:19
Obviously I'd prefer experiencing life to not-experiencing it. Life is great! Existing is great. I wouldn't want to lose like a third of my life.
That should be and I think it is the default position of most of humanity. I get how especially people suffering from clinical or even merely situational depression can feel differently and no one would describe me as being constantly cheerful, but conscious existence is miraculous and wonderful. I enjoy sleeping, but I'd be great with sleeping no more than an hour a day fully refreshed. The loss of consciousness comes all too quickly as is. No need to hasten it any sooner.

lunchstealer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Nov 2019, 19:41

Would my p-zombie self be distractable by random bullshit? Because while by default I want to experience life, being able to check out and put my work on autopilot so it gets my full functional attention while the part of my brain that goes SQUIRREL! and peruses Grylliade takes a break... I could probably about quintuple my current free time.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

dhex

Post by dhex » 27 Nov 2019, 20:33

I am very lucky to have fun most of the time and only be horrified some of the time workwise.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 28 Nov 2019, 10:52

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 28 Nov 2019, 13:16

Ahaha

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 30 Nov 2019, 13:48

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Nov 2019, 14:22

:lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Nov 2019, 19:55

I feel like this is a dhex take.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 01 Dec 2019, 15:30

It... Actually is yes.

Also blood meridian id get hbo for a competent adaptation.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

dhex

Post by dhex » 01 Dec 2019, 15:32

Cynical answer; because most of them are above that cutoff and want the free stuff. It's why they group student debt on the grad and undergrad levels together. Otherwise it's a wildly different picture.

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Dec 2019, 16:31

dhex wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 15:32

Cynical answer; because most of them are above that cutoff and want the free stuff. It's why they group student debt on the grad and undergrad levels together. Otherwise it's a wildly different picture.
Ayup
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 01 Dec 2019, 20:28

dhex wrote:

Yeah, that's about it.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 01 Dec 2019, 21:01

dhex wrote:

The reason it's derided as a right-wing talking point is that it is *not* universal benefits. It's like Christianity; it's a totalitarian worldview where anything not explicitly pro-christianity is, by definition, satanic. I see this as basic infighting on the left between Triangulating Clintonians and the traditional anti-capitalist left (for whom the mere existence of people who need means-tested assistance is evidence of needing Complete System Revolution).

I mean I've also seen UBI criticized as some sort of stalking horse WrongThink because it's shoveling money at a problem while preserving neoliberal power structures (or something something).

Some people are just never happy.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Dec 2019, 21:16

dead_elvis wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 21:01
It's like Christianity; it's a totalitarian worldview where anything not explicitly pro-christianity is, by definition, satanic.
Dude
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Dec 2019, 23:04

I got put into Twitter jail again. I told a certain head of state "If this is a witch hunt then when do we get to burn you at the stake?" It was obviously metaphorical speech, but they deemed it harassment.
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 02 Dec 2019, 01:27

Presidential harrassment even! That's the worst kind!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Dec 2019, 02:54

You misspelled "best."
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Dec 2019, 04:03

thoreau wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:04
I got put into Twitter jail again. I told a certain head of state "If this is a witch hunt then when do we get to burn you at the stake?" It was obviously metaphorical speech, but they deemed it harassment.
More weight.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 02 Dec 2019, 16:35

thoreau wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 13:48
"thank the brave men and women from starbucks for their service", LOL:

"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Dec 2019, 00:21

I just got in trouble on Twitter yet again because I asked Trump if Biden's latest ad would give him a stroke.
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 06 Dec 2019, 01:33

thoreau wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 00:21
I just got in trouble on Twitter yet again because I asked Trump if Biden's latest ad would give him a stroke.
He usually takes three strokes per hole according to his caddies and hookers.

nicole

Post by nicole » 06 Dec 2019, 13:13

lol dude has been getting ratiod for days but this is definitely the best response

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Dec 2019, 17:18

I'm just trying to wrap my head around someone in 2019 having trouble with the image of a man or a woman owning any of those. They cook, and they like Star Wars stuff. Neither of these are particularly rare interests.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Dec 2019, 17:21

Eric the .5b wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 17:18
I'm just trying to wrap my head around someone in 2019 having trouble with the image of a man or a woman owning any of those. They cook, and they like Star Wars stuff. Neither of these are particularly rare interests.
[wild-ass guess] Maybe it has something to do with, Le Creuset tends to be very expensive anyway, and I'm sure the Star Wars branding makes those models extra-expensive even by LC standards, and that's where the trouble comes in? Not, "I can't imagine why anyone would want these" but "... why anyone would want to pay so much for these."[/wild-ass guess]
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

dhex

Post by dhex » 06 Dec 2019, 20:26

it's like putting neon lights and a huge spoiler on a maserati.

also what is a "toastie" outside of a uk term for grilled cheese because nothing is ever good enough for those cunts.