Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Eric the .5b

Re: Twitter!

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Aug 2019, 08:19

Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 07:02
I view furries the way I view Republicans.
A joke's a joke, but it is possible to go too far.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 21 Aug 2019, 09:38

Eric the .5b wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 08:19
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Furries are no joking matter, sir!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Aug 2019, 09:46

Man you people. Furries are totally harmless. Why would I even bother to pass judgment on them?
I've never encountered any in the wild. But if I did, they would bring joy to my day.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 21 Aug 2019, 12:00

Not me. I recognize the failure on my part. But not me. i just can't. Like that guy with the anxiety about mumbling that he wants to broadcast to every human being in the world so literally every other human on earth will not act in a way he dislikes. He may help old ladies across the street or whatever, but once I hear that guy talk I'm out. He's wearing a squirrel outfit or whatever and I'm out.

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Aug 2019, 12:05

JasonL wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 12:00
Not me. I recognize the failure on my part. But not me. i just can't. Like that guy with the anxiety about mumbling that he wants to broadcast to every human being in the world so literally every other human on earth will not act in a way he dislikes. He may help old ladies across the street or whatever, but once I hear that guy talk I'm out. He's wearing a squirrel outfit or whatever and I'm out.
Hmm I dunno. I wouldn't want to share a table at a restaurant with one. But sharing an elevator would be good for laughs.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Aug 2019, 15:36

Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 09:38
Eric the .5b wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 08:19
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Furries are no joking matter, sir!
Neither is likening people to Reds.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 21 Aug 2019, 17:34

Warren wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 12:05
JasonL wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 12:00
Hmm I dunno. I wouldn't want to share a table at a restaurant with one. But sharing an elevator would be good for laughs.
I've done it. It's only kinda creepy, but it's not all the way through to laughs either. And this is at a con where I feel a little out of place for just being in a Firefly-themed t-shirt.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

nicole

Post by nicole » 21 Aug 2019, 17:36

I’ve found that somehow a lot of my favorite mutual son twitter turn out to be furries. I mean, I think a lot means like three in this circumstance but realistically that is a lot.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:19

Wear whatever fursuit you want, but I'm not going to go along with it. You are wearing a suit. You are not actually a rabbit, and I'm not going to act out your fantasy world. I think that's the degenerate part, not the other 90% of what they do that is just weird.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 21 Aug 2019, 18:29

Dangerman wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 18:19
Wear whatever fursuit you want, but I'm not going to go along with it. You are wearing a suit. You are not actually a rabbit, and I'm not going to act out your fantasy world. I think that's the degenerate part, not the other 90% of what they do that is just weird.
Careful, that's dangerously close to commenting on gender. Twitter will have to ban you for wrongthink.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:32

Andrew wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 18:29
Dangerman wrote:
Careful, that's dangerously close to commenting on gender. Twitter will have to ban you for wrongthink.
I mean that's basically my take on gender. If your identity doesn't carve reality at the joints, it's not helpful.

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Aug 2019, 19:35

Dangerman wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 18:32
Andrew wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 18:29
Dangerman wrote:
I mean that's basically my take on gender. If your identity doesn't carve reality at the joints, it's not helpful.
I'm riding the Dangerman train today.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Aug 2019, 14:20

"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 23 Aug 2019, 14:47

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Aug 2019, 15:14

Respect the flag with camel toe.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 23 Aug 2019, 23:53

What in the ever loving fuck is that? Is that real?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 24 Aug 2019, 08:07

It is real.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 Aug 2019, 18:28

nicole wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 10:29
oh fuck yes give it to me

But wait! There's more! Also, you need to quit oppressing her.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Highway

Post by Highway » 26 Aug 2019, 18:34

If the person unilaterally claiming oppression is the only one who is allowed to speak, how is it an argument? :?:

And it doesn't really matter what one person claims if nobody else is going to agree with their claim. Ophelia can claim she's oppressed all she wants. If the skinny people "oppressing" her don't care, then it's not going to matter.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 Aug 2019, 18:46

I daresay your own weight can do a pretty good job of "oppressing" you if you have to carry enough of it around.

But I'd seriously like to parse exactly how she thinks "skinny" people (which I suspect means "ANYONE not officially 'overweight'") are oppressing her. (And recall: I am someone who completely agrees with the notion "White privilege is real and a real problem, even if the precise word 'privilege' isn't the best label for it" -- like, yes, the fact that racist cops spend a disproportionate amount of time and energy harassing innocent black people does/did "benefit" white people like me, who back in the day violated various drug laws with relative impunity because racial profiling works to my benefit -- even when I actually was "up to something," cops assumed otherwise.)

But what oppression do non-fat people engage in, or what benefits do we derive thereby? Do our votes proportionately count for more because of gerrymandering or voter suppression systemically working to keep fat people's voices from being heard? Are we allowed the legal and social benefits of marriage while fat people have historically been banned from that state? Do cops routinely ignore skinny criminals because they're too busy harassing or even murdering innocent fat people? What is her specific complaint?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JD

Post by JD » 29 Aug 2019, 15:20

DARPA tweets that it is looking for "university-owned or commercially managed underground urban tunnels & facilities able to host research & experimentation" on extremely short notice
A Twitter user jokes about them looking for a place to keep the Demogorgons.
DARPA responds, "Please. Demogorgons are such a Department of Energy thing."

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

JD

Post by JD » 30 Aug 2019, 10:09

Twitter/Brexit/lite laffs crossover:

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Highway

Post by Highway » 30 Aug 2019, 10:17

JD wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 10:09
Twitter/Brexit/lite laffs crossover:

We must end this scourge of cars with terrible headroom and access to the back seat! #stopthe4doorcoupe
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Sep 2019, 19:02

I got a 12 hour ban from Twitter.

Something about telling a head of state to go jump off a cliff.

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Sep 2019, 19:54

thoreau wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 19:02
I got a 12 hour ban from Twitter.

Something about telling a head of state to go jump off a cliff.
Jeez, thoreau, in your shoes, I would have insisted on a lifetime ban! :lol:
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex