Twitter!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22820
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Twitter!

Post by Mo » 03 Sep 2018, 17:14

Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 11:14
Mo wrote:Who the fuck do the people who only speak Luxembourgish talk to?
The infallible wiki says that it's a German dialect. They presumably talk to other people speaking German dialects.
Or just like, the same dozen or so people they run into every week, like 99% of people. Before twitter anyways.
But their whole country is the size of Orange County, California. You’d think they’d have to venture into a neighboring country at some point.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6118
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Twitter!

Post by Andrew » 03 Sep 2018, 18:54

Mo wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 17:14
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 11:14
Mo wrote:Who the fuck do the people who only speak Luxembourgish talk to?
The infallible wiki says that it's a German dialect. They presumably talk to other people speaking German dialects.
Or just like, the same dozen or so people they run into every week, like 99% of people. Before twitter anyways.
But their whole country is the size of Orange County, California. You’d think they’d have to venture into a neighboring country at some point.
At the reservation where I used to work, there were people who had never been off it. This was mere minutes from the Phoenix metro.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24228
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Twitter!

Post by Warren » 03 Sep 2018, 19:14

Andrew wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 18:54
Mo wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 17:14
Warren wrote:
thoreau wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 11:14
Mo wrote:Who the fuck do the people who only speak Luxembourgish talk to?
The infallible wiki says that it's a German dialect. They presumably talk to other people speaking German dialects.
Or just like, the same dozen or so people they run into every week, like 99% of people. Before twitter anyways.
But their whole country is the size of Orange County, California. You’d think they’d have to venture into a neighboring country at some point.
At the reservation where I used to work, there were people who had never been off it. This was mere minutes from the Phoenix metro.
My senior year of HS we moved to an upper middle class school district outside Rochester NY. The Main Street neighborhood houses were well over a hundred years old. Most of them were in the same family for generations. I was shocked to discover many of my classmates had never in their lives ventured outside the county.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26117
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Twitter!

Post by thoreau » 03 Sep 2018, 19:50

If they have a modern lifestyle and medical care, somebody in Luxembourg is doing business with and getting training from somebody who speaks a different dialect.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8919
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Twitter!

Post by nicole » 03 Sep 2018, 21:31

Uhhh French and German are both official languages of Luxembourg.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24228
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Twitter!

Post by Warren » 04 Sep 2018, 11:25

nicole wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 21:31
Uhhh French and German are both official languages of Luxembourg.
Is it dealers choice? Or like Canada where both languages have to appear on every sign and document.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15357
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Twitter!

Post by dhex » 06 Sep 2018, 08:03



what's fascinating is that both of them are the worst and actually deserve each other.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 12214
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Twitter!

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Sep 2018, 23:20

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6118
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Twitter!

Post by Andrew » 06 Sep 2018, 23:40

I almost feel bad for wanting to make the obvious joke. Almost.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

User avatar
Kwix
Posts: 1473
Joined: 17 May 2010, 22:07
Location: Great White North

Re: Twitter!

Post by Kwix » 07 Sep 2018, 03:29

dhex wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 08:03


what's fascinating is that both of them are the worst and actually deserve each other.
I feel like I should not give a shit who this is... and I don't.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8919
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Twitter!

Post by nicole » 07 Sep 2018, 08:51

Is there any better Twitter heuristic than "person with 'molon labe' in handle/bio is a dickhead"?
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15357
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Twitter!

Post by dhex » 07 Sep 2018, 11:36

It also works when driving. Avoid pickup trucks with that label, particularly when paired with the spartan helmet.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6118
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Twitter!

Post by Andrew » 07 Sep 2018, 11:41

dhex wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 11:36
It also works when driving. Avoid pickup trucks with that label, particularly when paired with the spartan helmet.
You'd love driving in Arizona.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8919
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Twitter!

Post by nicole » 07 Sep 2018, 11:42

Haha

I think I have only seen one of those once but it was recently. It was in the Roman alphabet and I said to dubs, “‘Molon labe’...it always takes me a minute to remember that’s Spartan, not something from Dune, but I know it’s really stupid.”

Don’t @ me
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15357
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Twitter!

Post by dhex » 07 Sep 2018, 13:42

I assume they're unaware about all that pederasty.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13364
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Twitter!

Post by Kolohe » 07 Sep 2018, 15:08

and that they eventually lost.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15880
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Twitter!

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Sep 2018, 18:10

Kolohe wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 15:08
and that they eventually lost.
If we tell them do you think they'll lose respect for Sparta like they did for the Confederacy?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15357
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Twitter!

Post by dhex » 07 Sep 2018, 19:36

"Excuse me sir? Someone stuck a sticker that reads 'boyfucking losers" on your truck next to what appear to be animal testicles." I said, right before being shot by some fucknut with an "only God can judge me" neck tattoo.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22820
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Twitter!

Post by Mo » 08 Sep 2018, 12:08

This is for you Nicole

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18005
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Twitter!

Post by dbcooper » 10 Sep 2018, 22:50

Not something I thought I'd see ...

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests