Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Post by lunchstealer »

So sometimes I have dreams which aren't quite lucid dreaming in that I'm truly aware that I'm dreaming, but still keep trying to do do-overs.

This morning it was a dream where I kept doing something that seemed necessary that ended up landing me in jail, and I kept trying to do side businesses to improve my odds of survival but kept having them usurped by people higher up the prison food chain, sometimes guards, sometimes others, and inevitably the whole situation would move more and more sci-fi dystopia until at one point all us unsuccessful prisoners ended up being bioengineered into some sort of nutrient processing system where we were exposed to space and maybe had some chlorophyll and I was trying to orient myself more to the sun and also trying to lick amino acids off the next prisoner in the grid because we were all like completely converted to some weird collection of organs and biostructures to do whatever and so we'd just naturally lose amino acids through our exposed membranes and they'd concentrate on the surface and if you really stretched out you could harvest them off the one above you.

I became obsessed with re-playing events to prevent that outcome.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I was at some kind of intellectual conclave with some peeps from my team at work. We were possibly in some kind of developing world village or something, because Rigoberta Menchu came into town on a donkey. The literato that I was most interested in meeting was a woman I thought actually worked in films, but she described her job in much loftier and vaguer terms. Anyway she looked like a younger Linda Hamilton and was very charming, although she expressed some concern that I might be a man-child and she had a stork beak when we started making out.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I was in an episode of Frasier where Frasier and Niles were trying to outdo each other on conspicuous consumption, while also hosting a day of cultural exposure for underprivileged youths. One of them was trying to buy a Picasso ("but not a very good one" was the repeated callback joke), and I can't recall what the other one was trying to buy as a one-up. Anyway they finally settled on a price, and while writing a check for the painting, Niles looks over at these kids who have never seen that much money and they both decide to pool their money to start a fund to send the kids to college. They called it the "Crane Trust", which they both thought was rather clever.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

nicole

Post by nicole »

That would be a pretty good Frasier episode.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Right?

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

I kinda feel like there's more to mine from a Fraiser revival than there ever was for Will and Grace.

Not sure it's enough to make it worth it, but less not worth it than the W&G revival was.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 13:25
I kinda feel like there's more to mine from a Fraiser revival than there ever was for Will and Grace.

Not sure it's enough to make it worth it, but less not worth it than the W&G revival was.
I didn't even know there was a W&G revival. I only watched it in syndication, and didn't stick with it very long. The only thing I liked about it was Megan Mullally slutting it up.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

There are perennial/cursed plans for a Frasier revival in the works. It's not clear how worthwhile that's going to be without John Mahoney.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 13:37
There are perennial/cursed plans for a Frasier revival in the works. It's not clear how worthwhile that's going to be without John Mahoney.
I didn't think he added much.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway »

The dream I had this morning was something like being a character in an RPG game, I don't really remember the details. What I remember is that I was just finished in the dream, and ready to go rest, and then my alarm went off and I woke up, thinking "Man, I'm already worn out and now I have the whole day."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Hugh Akston wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 11:46
I was in an episode of Frasier where Frasier and Niles were trying to outdo each other on conspicuous consumption, while also hosting a day of cultural exposure for underprivileged youths. One of them was trying to buy a Picasso ("but not a very good one" was the repeated callback joke), and I can't recall what the other one was trying to buy as a one-up. Anyway they finally settled on a price, and while writing a check for the painting, Niles looks over at these kids who have never seen that much money and they both decide to pool their money to start a fund to send the kids to college. They called it the "Crane Trust", which they both thought was rather clever.
This is pretty awesome.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD