Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jennifer

Re: Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Post by Jennifer » 05 Sep 2019, 18:12

I only remember one small fragment of the dreams I had last night: it was something about, ALL heated hair-styling devices that plug into an electrical outlet have been outlawed, so possession of hot rollers or a curling iron is a VERY serious crime unless it's battery-operated.

But I only remembered that small fragment today after I was already awake (or rather half-awake, since I hadn't had coffee yet): specifically, I was getting something out from under the sink in the main bathroom, and one of the largest items under that sink is an old set of velvet hot rollers which I have not used in literally over a decade -- I quit using/needing them when I stopped using shampoo around 2009 -- and the only reason I still have them is because of the almost-superstitious belief "As soon as I throw these away, something will happen to make either me or someone close to me say 'Wow, I could REALLY use some velvet hot rollers right now, but don't want to buy a set'."

When you look under the sink and see those hot rollers in the back, it is very VERY obvious they have an electrical cord that plugs into a wall outlet, and when I saw them my fuzzy, half-asleep mind initially thought "Oh shit, I forgot I had those! Better get rid of them before the cops ... wait a minute, when exactly did they outlaw ... oh. Right. I need caffeine."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 13 Sep 2019, 11:44

Last night's sex dream involved two women I know personally, and one I know only from movies. I only ended up engaging with the one who didn't dose me with LSD and MDMA. Since I have no personal experience with either of those substances, my brain had to fabricate an approximate mental state, which was pretty unsettling. Fortunately she was also there to help me through it.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dhex

Post by dhex » 15 Sep 2019, 00:02

I only ended up engaging with the one who didn't dose me with LSD and MDMA
That was your first mistake
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 26 Sep 2019, 10:37

Oh, my bod!* I had a horrible nightmare last night. Warren revealed that he had gone AWOL from the military and was wanted for treason. He was going to turn himself in to President Trump so that we Grylliaders could collect the bounty that was on his head. I was begging him not to do it but he kept pointing out I wouldn't have any money to pay all my bills otherwise.

I feel weirdly guilty for even dreaming such a weird thing about someone I know!

* typo but I'm keeping it
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Sep 2019, 10:41

Ellie wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 10:37
Oh, my bod!* I had a horrible nightmare last night. Warren revealed that he had gone AWOL from the military and was wanted for treason. He was going to turn himself in to President Trump so that we Grylliaders could collect the bounty that was on his head. I was begging him not to do it but he kept pointing out I wouldn't have any money to pay all my bills otherwise.

I feel weirdly guilty for even dreaming such a weird thing about someone I know!

* typo but I'm keeping it
I feel weirdly honored. But also kind of rejected because it wasn't a sexy dream.

Also, I think if I was on the lam wanted for treason, I'd try raising money as a pirate before turning myself in.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 26 Sep 2019, 11:13

Actually turning yourself in under Trump is decently good strategy. First you'd need to sing his praises on Fox News a couple of times so he would think you're a real smart guy. Really tough. Then enlist yourself a celebrity to champion your cause and visit the White House on your behalf. You'd get off scot free!
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Sep 2019, 11:30

Hugh Akston wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 11:13
Actually turning yourself in under Trump is decently good strategy. First you'd need to sing his praises on Fox News a couple of times so he would think you're a real smart guy. Really tough. Then enlist yourself a celebrity to champion your cause and visit the White House on your behalf. You'd get off scot free!
You think I could get Snoop Dog? I'd really like to meet Martha Stewart.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 26 Sep 2019, 11:36

Warren wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 11:30
Hugh Akston wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 11:13
You think I could get Snoop Dog? I'd really like to meet Martha Stewart.
Sorta feels like Snoop will sign on for anything. His being black will also help him get into the White House faster.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Nov 2019, 11:55

I somehow found myself on a town council deciding some matter of local import. I felt like a total slacker and imposter being there since I didn't really care about the issue at hand. But Anthony Bourdain happened to be there and he told me that I was always one of his favorites. I've never seen him on TV or heard his voice, so I think my brain dubbed Eliot Gould in for him. Anyway, once the hearing started I actually had some pretty pointed questions for the speaker.

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Nov 2019, 13:09

Hugh Akston wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 11:55
I somehow found myself on a town council deciding some matter of local import. I felt like a total slacker and imposter being there since I didn't really care about the issue at hand. But Anthony Bourdain happened to be there and he told me that I was always one of his favorites. I've never seen him on TV or heard his voice, so I think my brain dubbed Eliot Gould in for him. Anyway, once the hearing started I actually had some pretty pointed questions for the speaker.
I think you must have seen and heard Bordain at some point. For one thing he was showing up all over the place for a few years. And for another, Eliot Gould is a spot on match.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Nov 2019, 14:34

Warren wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 13:09
Hugh Akston wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 11:55
I think you must have seen and heard Bordain at some point. For one thing he was showing up all over the place for a few years. And for another, Eliot Gould is a spot on match.
I know what he looks like, but I don't watch the things where he would be.

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Nov 2019, 18:34

I once asked Anthony Bourdain tough questions about food for half an hour before I realzed it was actually Elliott Gould.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Nov 2019, 23:51

Ceteris Paribus I think I'd rather talk to Eliot Gould. After all he was in the Long Goodbye and Capricorn One and Ocean's Eleven, and he never ate a dog. Probably.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 08 Nov 2019, 00:22

Hugh Akston wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 23:51
Ceteris Paribus I think I'd rather talk to Eliot Gould. After all he was in the Long Goodbye and Capricorn One and Ocean's Eleven, and he never ate a dog. Probably.
Not to mention an unwashed wild boar's anus.

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Nov 2019, 02:03

Hugh Akston wrote:
Eh? You must be thinking of Henry Silva.

Eliot Gould was in M*A*S*H and Bob & Carol and Ted & Alice.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 08 Nov 2019, 02:17

Warren wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 02:03
Hugh Akston wrote:

Gould was in the remake of Ocean's Eleven

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Nov 2019, 02:34

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 02:17
Warren wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 02:03
Hugh Akston wrote:

Gould was in the remake of Ocean's Eleven
Well that certainly isn't a point in his favor now is it?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 08 Nov 2019, 11:02

He was amazing in Ocean's Eleven and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex