Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jennifer

Re: Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Post by Jennifer » 25 Jul 2018, 22:13

For awhile I've had this thing where my dreams have been coming in two parts: part one is a typical surreal, impossible dream, but in part two I wake up (or dream I do, anyway), get out of bed and do almost ordinary everyday things, except there's always one or two weird details wrong -- like the time I dreamt there was a dog-door in my apartment's front door, and the neighbors' kids kept crawling through it and interrupting me when I was trying to do various tasks.

But the other night, part two started with me waking up on the living room couch back in northern Virginia -- and I knew I was still dreaming, because I remembered Jeff and I'd actually been living in Georgia for two years. But it wasn't a lucid dream or anything -- it never occurred to me to try doing something cool and impossible like flying. Instead, I went upstairs to use the bathroom, and when I was halfway done I worried "Maybe I shouldn't have done this. What if, when you go to the bathroom in your dreams, you go in real life too, and I wet the bed?" (Spoiler: I did not.) Then I went into my office, planning to get some smokables out of my desk, but when I tried turning on the light it didn't work. Jeff told me it wasn't supposed to work, because I was flipping a switch but it really has a motion sensor. Then he said he had to do a Skype job interview, and I told him not to bother because I was dreaming all of this anyway -- we moved out of here when you got a job two years ago. He asked if it was the California job he was about to interview for, and I said no, we're living in Georgia these days. Then we went downstairs and none of the lights there worked either. I told Jeff "This dream is getting very annoying," and then I woke up for real.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 09 Aug 2018, 22:34

I've had the weirdest day. I planned a "sick" day to get a bunch of stuff done and then actually didn't feel well enough to get out of bed all day. (This is the sort of thing that could make a person believe in signs from the universe.)

Anyway, I pretty much slept from 9am-3pm and then 5-7pm and had one vivid dream after another. They were either horrible nightmares full of kidnapping and cruelty, or dreams where I was playing the same game of Tetris over and over but it was somehow super hot and sexy and turning me on. I am so discombobulated by now. AND I'm still exhausted and ready for bed.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 16 Aug 2018, 11:17

HORRIBLE nightmare where the kids and I got kidnapped by Neo Nazis and I was trying to protect the kids so every time one of them advanced towards us I would bite one of his fingers off.

I don't believe in dream interpretation but I would still love an analysis of why I have so many dreams where I'm trying to bite people's fingers off. :?
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole