Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Re: Dreams (not those crushed by the weight of unfulfilled life)

Post by Ellie » 08 Nov 2017, 13:15

I was back working at Midwestern J Peterman, and I was naked. All the desks had been moved around, and every way I went to go back to my desk was blocked. I also kept stalling; once I stopped to enter a caption contest on a cat picture, and once I tried to get some food off a snack table.

Then I realized that if I'd gotten back to work right away, I could have alerted everyone to a serial killer on the loose in town, but because I'd been stalling he'd had a few days without anyone on his trail. I worried that somebody else had died just because I'd been trying to get extra snacks. The clue to the serial killer's identity was that he liked goetta.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Highway

Post by Highway » 08 Nov 2017, 13:18

Ellie wrote:. The clue to the serial killer's identity was that he liked goetta.
It was JD, wasn't it...
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 08 Nov 2017, 13:35

I have had goetta, and it is not terrible.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

nicole

Post by nicole » 14 Nov 2017, 07:33

Woke up from a dream where I was letting Sam and another dog out into my parents’ yard (which was I guess secretly fenced in the dream) but then three gorillas showed up, and I was like omg COME and Sam has good recall and did but the other dog was like no I’m going to actively fuck with the gorillas. So I’m watching from th doorway freaking out but the gorillas just leave. When I go out to get the dog after, a fourth gorilla shows up, a juvenile, and he’s wearing sweats and doesn’t really fuck with anyone.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 14 Nov 2017, 08:52

Of the greater cincinnati regional foods they claim, goetta is by far the best. Goetta, green chilies, and egg breakfast tacos. Solid choice. It's a great improvement over regular breakfast sausage in a scotch egg type application too.

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Nov 2017, 09:53

JasonL wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 08:52
Of the greater cincinnati regional foods they claim, goetta is by far the best. Goetta, green chilies, and egg breakfast tacos. Solid choice. It's a great improvement over regular breakfast sausage in a scotch egg type application too.
In your dreams?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 15 Nov 2017, 15:07

Green chiles are cheating though. Everything's good with green chiles.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 16 Apr 2018, 13:06

I would really appreciate it if my coworkers would stop appearing in my dreams. Dealing with them in waking life is more than enough.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 18 Apr 2018, 11:11

At the part I can start remembering, I have started dancing with a woman in a public place like some sort of bar/restaurant. Damnit, it's *my* dream, couldn't I be a slightly better dancer? I'm dancing embarrassingly bad, even worse than real life, which is saying something. Suddenly I realize the music has changed and we are now dancing to twelve-tone music :lol: She's like, fuck this, and I go upstairs. Where there is a character from a previous more hazy part of the dream. He's in a tough spot, about to get killed for not coming through with his end of a bad deal. *But*, the camera pans out and zooms back in on a rooftop many blocks away, there is a small vulture perched with a sniper rifle. And I remember from an earlier part of the dream that this person had been gone for a while palling around with nature, so of course it makes perfect sense that he made friends with an anthropomorphic sniper vulture (hey Disney! *mouthing "call me" with the hand gesture*). I get out before the feathers start flying.

When I wake up the line "bone chains and toothpicks" from Swan Swan H is in my head, I'm guessing due to the vulture.

Mostly I'm amused at the idea of throwing something like this in to a dance playlist and see what people do with it.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 18 Apr 2018, 11:33

I continue to be baffled and amused by what David thinks constitutes a weird dream. He has the most boring dreams ever. And he cannot get any perspective on that.

The other morning, we both said to each other, "I had the weirdest dreams last night!" And his were: in one a rhinoceros walked up to our front door, and in another it was raining outside but he couldn't get the living room window to close. Whereas mine were: in one I joined an all-female church where the members were ritually killed so they could meet God in the afterlife, and in another I was a trans man in a cult and was taking a shower with Thomas Lennon.

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Apr 2018, 11:38

Ellie wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 11:33
I continue to be baffled and amused by what David thinks constitutes a weird dream. He has the most boring dreams ever. And he cannot get any perspective on that.

The other morning, we both said to each other, "I had the weirdest dreams last night!" And his were: in one a rhinoceros walked up to our front door, and in another it was raining outside but he couldn't get the living room window to close. Whereas mine were: in one I joined an all-female church where the members were ritually killed so they could meet God in the afterlife, and in another I was a trans man in a cult and was taking a shower with Thomas Lennon.
David gets my vote.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 18 Apr 2018, 12:12

Ellie wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 11:33

The other morning, we both said to each other, "I had the weirdest dreams last night!" And his were: in one a rhinoceros walked up to our front door
That is super weird. Because everyone knows rhinoceroses use the side door, so they don't traipse mud through the living room.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 18 Apr 2018, 12:27

I figured they just stayed in the driveway and honked the horn.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 18 Apr 2018, 12:28

What, you wanted some sort of Ionesco reference?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Apr 2018, 13:03

Kolohe wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 12:28
What, you wanted some sort of Ionesco reference?
Yeah, I did kinda.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 18 Apr 2018, 13:27

Kolohe wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 12:27
I figured they just stayed in the driveway and honked the horn.
horn! get it? rhino? honking the horn?

see, it's funny because rhinos have literal horns on their noses, but also honking the horn of a car is a common way to announce your presence. it's even funnier because it implies that the rhino has bad manners, as honking the horn is seen as lazy and inconsiderate.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 17 May 2018, 14:19

I got a one-week free trial to HBO shows on Amazon Prime, so I've been bingeing on Westworld, and having vivid dreams about it every night, but not at all the ones you'd expect. Like, in one, I went to a Westworld restaurant, and the menu had "Fruit Salad" which was described as "Banana ice cream served with romaine lettuce." And I was in agonies of indecision about it: That sounds disgusting! But it's the future, they must know what they're doing! But I don't want to eat that!

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 May 2018, 18:35

Ellie wrote:
17 May 2018, 14:19
I got a one-week free trial to HBO shows on Amazon Prime, so I've been bingeing on Westworld, and having vivid dreams about it every night, but not at all the ones you'd expect. Like, in one, I went to a Westworld restaurant, and the menu had "Fruit Salad" which was described as "Banana ice cream served with romaine lettuce." And I was in agonies of indecision about it: That sounds disgusting! But it's the future, they must know what they're doing! But I don't want to eat that!
Meh. It sounds fine. I mean, it's not like they put raisins in it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 26 Jun 2018, 11:59

Last night, I had a dream about eating amazing cinnamon rolls with perfect, luscious frosting. But the best part about the rolls was that if you spent a long time contemplating them, or eating them slowly, or any of that mindful eating shit you're supposed to do, the rolls would say in a Barry White voice, "Come on, let's get this started."

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 29 Jun 2018, 13:10

I was in some sort of "maker" competition with a couple of friends from high school (although we were all current age adults). It was to build a bird house or some other type of wooden box, and I can remember not being too worried because even though I wasn't a carpenter or cabinetmaker, as a machinist, I could figure it out. But when the competition began, all they gave us were pieces of used wood, essentially scrap from a demolition, and I was upset becasue I thought we'd have real lumber to work with. I pointed this out to the judges, and everyone in the competition just looked at me like I was mad, even my team mates.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 04 Jul 2018, 00:26

I dreamed that Baby Demand got hired as the newest cast member of Queer Eye. He was the home decor expert. But he couldn't talk so I had to carry him around and I was surprisingly charming on his behalf. Unfortunately I also really had to pee so I spent a lot of time walking around in just my underwear trying to find a working toilet. I expect it was a confusing shoot for the Queer Eye crew.