To DVDs and Beyond: The Netflix Thread

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Number 6

Re: To DVDs and Beyond: The Netflix Thread

Post by Number 6 » 08 May 2019, 08:39

Pham Nuwen wrote:
08 May 2019, 08:27
Number 6 wrote:
07 May 2019, 23:43
Pham Nuwen wrote:
07 May 2019, 20:49
Number 6 wrote:
07 May 2019, 19:57
Cobra Kai on YouTube is still way better than it has any right to be. The guy who plays Johnny Lawrence actually learned to act at some point.
I'm just glad that my working theory about Daniel-son being an aggressive asshole has born fruit.
I am entertained by the use the show has made of the "Daniel was a bully" narrative.
Because there was no suspension of disbelief. Daniel-son was an aggressive asshole. Lawrence literally went out of his way to avoid conflict but Daniel-son just used those times to keep needling him. They were teenagers and the only one who tried to be a grownup was Lawrence. How much is a teenager supposed to take before they do the stupid teenager routine?
No doubt Daniel kept the conflict going when he didn't need to. At the same time, Lawrence and his brethren were pretty serious pricks. I do find Lawrence's character arc in this show interesting. Come to think of it, his character is the only one I'm really invested in.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 08 May 2019, 10:15

I have only watched an episode or two but Daniel-son being a car salesman was pretty awesome.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 26 May 2019, 18:25

Dead to Me is soapy, but very good and entertaining for what it is. I recommend it!

Fair warning: it does deal with death of a spouse (and death of a parent when you are a kid), and with pregnancy loss, particularly in the first few episodes.
"He's just an idiot elected by idiots." - Pham

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Jul 2019, 18:19

I'm very much enjoying Blown Away on Netflix. It's a glassblowing competition show and it's lovely.

Although I do laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME they say each artist has their own personal glory hole.
"He's just an idiot elected by idiots." - Pham

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 15 Jul 2019, 19:43

Ellie wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 18:19
I'm very much enjoying Blown Away on Netflix. It's a glassblowing competition show and it's lovely.

Although I do laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME they say each artist has their own personal glory hole.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR