H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3715
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Painboy » 26 Oct 2018, 17:03

Mo wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 16:18
Painboy wrote:Did any of his bombs work? Or at least might've if they had not been discovered?
I think some were operational, and some were not. Not sure about the first half, but I definitely know some had blasting caps not present.
I guess we're lucky he was mostly incompetent then.

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26398
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by thoreau » 26 Oct 2018, 17:11

Painboy wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 17:03
Mo wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 16:18
Painboy wrote:Did any of his bombs work? Or at least might've if they had not been discovered?
I think some were operational, and some were not. Not sure about the first half, but I definitely know some had blasting caps not present.
I guess we're lucky he was mostly incompetent then.
He is, after all, Florida Man.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 17212
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Hugh Akston » 26 Oct 2018, 18:11



"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11536
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Ellie » 26 Oct 2018, 20:37

My various tiny house research and delightful judgey-ness have led me to recently lurk on the r/vandwellers subreddit. I wonder if they will be decrying how this guy makes them all look bad. #notallunwashedvanpeople
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6712
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Oct 2018, 21:14

Ellie wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 20:37
My various tiny house research and delightful judgey-ness have led me to recently lurk on the r/vandwellers subreddit. I wonder if they will be decrying how this guy makes them all look bad. #notallunwashedvanpeople
Van dwellers are a proud lot. Go easy on them.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26398
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by thoreau » 26 Oct 2018, 21:21

Van dwellers have big problems with toxic humidity if they haven't had a chance to do laundry for a while.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13488
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Kolohe » 26 Oct 2018, 21:22

Van dwellers, I thought, also try to stay inconspicuous, and this guy's van was...not that.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6712
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Oct 2018, 21:23

thoreau wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 21:21
Van dwellers have big problems with toxic humidity if they haven't had a chance to do laundry for a while.
I actually know several van dwellers. They are a haughty bunch who do not deign to admit any fault in their living arrangements.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3715
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Painboy » 26 Oct 2018, 21:49

thoreau wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 17:11
Painboy wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 17:03
Mo wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 16:18
Painboy wrote:Did any of his bombs work? Or at least might've if they had not been discovered?
I think some were operational, and some were not. Not sure about the first half, but I definitely know some had blasting caps not present.
I guess we're lucky he was mostly incompetent then.
He is, after all, Florida Man.
Indeed. For those looking to disassociate themselves from him that might be the best bet. "He's from Florida. FLORIDA. No one can be responsible for that."

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26398
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by thoreau » 26 Oct 2018, 22:11

This is what happens when you live in a van down by the river.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
Taktix®
Posts: 7771
Joined: 07 May 2010, 05:29
Location: The Caribbean

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Taktix® » 27 Oct 2018, 02:24

I've seen the van driving around, and there's a lady that is a daytime line cook at my current job that worked with this fucking guy at New River Pizza in Fort Lauderdale. Also, the Autozone where they picked him up happens to be the one that sold me my windshield wiper fluid nozzle I just replaced two months ago.

Too fucking close, man.

This guy told the owner of New River Pizza (she was just on the news) that Jews should be all wiped out (and black people and liberals, etc), which, you know, includes my wife and daughters I guess.

My coworker said he was a very quiet weirdo, but, ya' know, it's South Florida, which is teeming with quiet weirdos.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 16083
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Oct 2018, 03:01

thoreau wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 22:11
This is what happens when you live in a van down by the river.
Well, down by the sludge canal, but I take your point.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests