H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28473
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Warren »

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 18805
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Hugh Akston »

When you're too crazy for InfoWars...
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
JD
Posts: 11596
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by JD »

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28473
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Warren »

“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3189
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Number 6 »

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:19
“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28473
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Warren »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:25
Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:19
“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
No no it's baaaaaad
"Fentanyl is extraordinarily dangerous. Three grams is enough to kill an elephant,” Cannon said. “Fentanyl is the reason that our troopers no longer unwrap drugs."

According to Cannon, there have been several incidents throughout the county in which officers were hospitalized because of the presence of fentanyl.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 16569
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Aresen »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:25
Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:19
“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
But you're a libertarian....
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3189
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Number 6 »

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:26
Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:25
Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 16:19
“When we find drugs, we no longer touch them. Because of fentanyl, we take drugs straight to the lab now,” Cannon said. “Just a mere touch – any skin contact – can cause serious problems. It can almost stop your breathing.”
And I'm going to just assume they planted the "Bag Full of Drugs" on the guy at this point.
Fentanyl is not a transdermal danger in any formulation I've ever dealt with. There are time-release fentanyl patches, but merely touching one is not going to do much of anything.

I speak as someone who had gotten the stuff on my hands and suffered no ill effects at all.
No no it's baaaaaad
"Fentanyl is extraordinarily dangerous. Three grams is enough to kill an elephant,” Cannon said. “Fentanyl is the reason that our troopers no longer unwrap drugs."

According to Cannon, there have been several incidents throughout the county in which officers were hospitalized because of the presence of fentanyl.
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything. But drug concentration is a thing. The stuff we use is 50mcg/ml. The usual dose is 50-100 mcg. So, that's 1-2 ml of fluid. Morphine is less diluted, so an effective dose of that could be the same, volume-wise. As to the last-I wonder if they were actually sick. And if so, what actually happened?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 29076
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by thoreau »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:08
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything.
Except Keith Richards. He would die if he didn't get massive amounts of drugs.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28473
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:28
Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:08
Fentanyl is dosed in micrograms, so yes, three grams would kill the living shit out of about anything.
Except Keith Richards. He would die if he didn't get massive amounts of drugs.
Because he is a god.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6888
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Andrew »

Number 6 wrote:
07 Feb 2020, 17:08
As to the last-I wonder if they were actually sick. And if so, what actually happened?
Panic attack.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 8178
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Goddammit Florida! Just goddammit! What have you unleashed upon us all? Why? Just why?

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/roving-ba ... reddit.com
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 14337
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: H. sapiens floridensis - A thread for Florida Man

Post by Eric the .5b »

Don't fuck the monkeys.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Post Reply