Thar's Silicon In Them Thar Hills - Westworld w/ spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
dead_elvis

Re: Thar's Silicon In Them Thar Hills - Westworld w/ spoilers

Post by dead_elvis » 07 Jul 2018, 10:56

Shem wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:50
Also, they need to knock the gimmicky timeline crap off in season 3. It's becoming Shyamalanesque at this point.
One shouldn't go to the same well too many times. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for this season because it mimic's Bernard's memory scramble so there's at least a plausible artistic reason. However, I do look forward to a fan edit of every scene in chronological order just to see if it's still any good or if it would suck without the gimmick.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 09 Sep 2019, 21:57

Just finished season 2 today.

First of all - shit, there was a post credit scene?!

I agree that the good parts of season 2 were really good.i guess my biggest problem with season 2 was that I feel I could see the seams joining where the different writers/directors were producing the show.

I had the toughest time in the middle of the run figuring out which Bernard timeline we were in, because all of them were pretty much dimly lit interiors with dead bodies strewn about everywhere. (This is where Legion really shined with strong visual cues in the time jumps)

See above on post credit scene. I thought the weakest by far storyline wrap up was Ed Harris killing his daughter, but if there was a better explanation for that in the coda, I could change my mind.

Though, still, most of season 2 felt like a serious retcon of the William character. It's a bit of a mystery to me how he was able to play power games with his father in law and others in the real world, have a signicant role in oversight of a big super secret science project, and basically also be a video game addict. The corporate structure and incentives driving the executives of Delos seem a bit weird as well.

*esp after what was pretty much a binge, taking it all in over the course of a week.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 09 Sep 2019, 22:01

The last little thing with Not Thor Hemsworth and Not Human Valkyrie - that was him saying he knew exactly who she was, right? How did he know that? (Was he the one who scanned her?)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex