Video Games!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Pham Nuwen

Re: Video Games!

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Lunch's wife is on right now. I'm about to head to bed though. New baby has made me weak. Surely the children will topple my reign soon.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Discord is the thing where we can audio chat while we play? (Fuck, I'm a thousand years old in internet time.) Modspawn would be over the moon if we had something like that.
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Ellie wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 12:45 Discord is the thing where we can audio chat while we play? (Fuck, I'm a thousand years old in internet time.) Modspawn would be over the moon if we had something like that.
Yes.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex
Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Discord is the thing we use to hold office hours and answer calculus questions, right?
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

OK so I am an old, and have pretty much only used steam to play Baldur's Gate and Goat Simulator, and do not currently have a machine that can safely play Among Us via steam - I have to play via iPad unless I dig out and rigorously update my ancient desktop which is a horrific frankensteinian mashup of parts ranging in age from 2014 at best back to 2001, possibly 1999.

The last thing I played serious multiplayer on was WoW using Vent for talking. That guild fell apart no later than 2013 - probably 2012 because I don't think we did any Mists content together.

So... can someone give me a headsup on how we'd do this? Voice chat I think would be superior to just in-game text. I may or may not be even logged into steam, because I'd be playing on iPad unless it's just absolutely necessary that I dig out a Windows machine and do it via Steam.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I've mostly only played on the free phone app so I don't know how to chat or anything in Steam. I figured I'd have Discord running on the computer while playing on the phone.
"Ellie is the Warren of comedy." -Shem
Highway

Post by Highway »

Discord would be my preference for voice chatting.

I don't know if you folks on tablets and phones can multitask such that you can be on Discord voice chat while playing the game. There's probably a way, but I don't know about push to talk.

Among Us is apparently totally cross-platform play, so there's no pressure for everyone to be on Steam or anything.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

I'm curious to know how it goes.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Lunch sent DMs to those interested in Among Us.

I replied with a Discord link. I’ll post the link behind the veil too.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex
Highway

Post by Highway »

If you still have room, can you send me one also?

Sorry if my interest wasn't clear enough.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Dammit sorry, grylliade PMs only allow five recipients so I had to split into two messages and I left your name out when I did, Highway. Eric turned off PMs so dunno how to privately get him info. Highway, I'll send you something here and on facebook.

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Highway

Post by Highway »

lunchstealer wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 13:24 Dammit sorry, grylliade PMs only allow five recipients so I had to split into two messages and I left your name out when I did, Highway. Eric turned off PMs so dunno how to privately get him info. Highway, I'll send you something here and on facebook.
Got it here, thanks, and no problem :)
Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

You can leave me off the thread, btw, especially if namespace is an issue; I'm very _familiar_ with Among Us but it stresses me the fuck out and I wouldn't enjoy playing it.
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

lunchstealer wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 13:24Eric turned off PMs so dunno how to privately get him info.
No need, for obvious reasons. I was just expressing curiosity about how it goes, and I wish y'all a fun time.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

So it was a good group and lots of fun was had by all. Clark's shenanigans were hilarious, Ellie, so I hope you weren't embarrassed.