Video Games!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Shem

Re: Video Games!

Post by Shem »

Jadagul wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 12:31
Shem wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 01:40
Jadagul wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 20:52
With the possible exception of, I like being able to potentially outlevel the setting, and I think the Elder Scrolls games generally have enemies scale with your level?
Those particular ones do to a much heavier degree than later ones, yes.
The enemies scale with your level more in the earlier ones than the later ones, you mean?

One of my favorite bits is the bit towards the end where your character is so powerful that he can just trivialize most of the encounters, especially the old ones. That's like half the fun. :P
Newer Elder Scrolls games tend to have more level-locked enemies (though they all have a significant number of enemies that level with you, or appear when you're stronger). The oldest ones have almost none.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Baby Supply has been using all her one-on-one playtimes with me for playing Roblox. Mostly insipid "roleplay" games that are, like, what you'd get if you tried to buy The Sims on Wish. And she insists we play a boy and girl in love, but makes me stay in my own house and leave her alone in hers, so I just sit there reading tweens fight with each other in the chat.

Anyway, the other game she likes is a fashion show competition that I really enjoy playing (even though I never win because it's me versus a bunch of stupid tweens who just want to wear fairy wings). But even though the concept is great, the execution could be SO MUCH BETTER with just a few tweaks.

I've never coded anything -- I could barely even get the program to show "Hello World!" in Intro to C -- and I have no computer and no free time. But that hasn't stopped me from daydreaming/obsessing over what MY fashion show game would look like and how AMAZING it would be.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

dhex

Post by dhex »

first fallout is still dope and fun to play. plus soundtrack is good, even the afx ripoff track.

roblox is hot garbage nonsense but 10 year olds love it to death so my house has some roblox in it.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Shem

Post by Shem »

dhex wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 20:39
first fallout is still dope and fun to play. plus soundtrack is good, even the afx ripoff track.
Yeah, but, Fallout 2, dude.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

dhex wrote:
roblox is hot garbage nonsense but 10 year olds love it to death so my house has some roblox in it.
Does your kiddo play Piggy? Mine are all obsessed with it and I don't understand and they talk about it all the time and I'm losing my will to live.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

dhex

Post by dhex »

Shem wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 21:39
dhex wrote:
Yeah, but, Fallout 2, dude.
i have mixed feelings on f2. it's more expansive than 1 to be sure.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

dhex

Post by dhex »

Ellie wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 00:12
dhex wrote:
Does your kiddo play Piggy? Mine are all obsessed with it and I don't understand and they talk about it all the time and I'm losing my will to live.
no, thankfully we're doing a lot of co-op enter the gungeon these days. (which is fun and doesn't look like 90s shareware. fuck you roblox!)

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I've had dogs get cirrocis on Rimworld because they keep getting into the beer.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Got the Stellaris summer pack in the Steam sale. Am tempted to get the Megacorp DLC.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

dbcooper wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 20:33
Got the Stellaris summer pack in the Steam sale. Am tempted to get the Megacorp DLC.
I'm enjoying all the DLC, myself.

In my current game with a friend, where we just decided to be merrily evil, the Weechu All is combining the evil of landing on worlds and shuffling off the inhabitants to be ranched/mined and being able to use diplomacy to keep everyone from jumping on them at once. Naturally, I used this portrait:

And just as naturally, the fanatic purgers on the other side of the galaxy who keep sending me insults are the cute butterflies.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Reinstalled Stellaris. They changed everything again. Planet management is even less comprehensible. Pops and districts snd oh goody districts count against you in yet another empire limiting thing called sprawl which used to just be the supremely irritating unity number, but now you get both thanks. Accelerated reptilian breeders somehow still breed slow as shit and new colonies are pieces of shot for centuries. Just as fun as I remember.

Seriously though that you have to expand but you can’t expand with two limiting variables that aren’t money or resources is about at about the third colony why I want to burn the game down.