Video Games!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Painboy

Re: Video Games!

Post by Painboy » 16 May 2019, 01:44

Shem wrote:
16 May 2019, 00:45
JasonL, have you seen this?

(We need a way to tag users for notification other than quotes)
I actually just played the first one recently for the first time. It's super rough around the edges even with the fan patch but it's pretty good for 15+ year old game. I'm curious what Hardsuit Labs is going to do with it. They've only produced one game so far. Of course they may have worked on other game projects behind the scenes. I even put in a job application to them when I heard they were working on this (no luck so far).

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 16 May 2019, 07:09

Shem wrote:JasonL, have you seen this?

(We need a way to tag users for notification other than quotes)
Saw that. The original is one of the best bad games of all time. So buggy but with a kernel that got lots of things nearly perfect.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 16 May 2019, 14:32

JasonL wrote:
14 May 2019, 16:15
I have high hopes for Team Witcher doing Cyberpunk.
QFMFT
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 17 May 2019, 12:15

That game play demo didn't fill me with a ton of hope. It's still early tho.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Shem

Post by Shem » Yesterday, 00:45

JasonL wrote:
16 May 2019, 07:09
Saw that. The original is one of the best bad games of all time. So buggy but with a kernel that got lots of things nearly perfect.
I played it when it first came out; even for being buggy nearly to the point of unplayability, it was still one of the best RPGs I'd played, especially from a story perspective. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the story; canonically, the vampire world was wiped out in about 2006 (the game was actually the kickoff for Gehenna, which was how they ended V:tM) meaning they got some explaining to do from a lore perspective. I hope they do it well, since it was such a huge part of why the first game was so good.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen